Is A UPS any use for my van

Andysredmini

T6 Pro
Hi

I rescued a brand new 2000VA UPS from the bin at work earlier. I haven’t had a proper look at it yet or had time to think about a use but my first thought it’s there must be some batteries and an inverter inside. I’m currently installing led down lights in the tailgate and ceiling of the van and plan on running them along with a 600w inverter from a small agm battery salvaged from work. I don’t want to go for a full leisure set up yet as the van is a work in progress and I’m figuring out what I want and how I’m going to use it.
The ups is a Salicru SLC-2000-TWIN PRO2 2000VA if that means anything. Is it any use?

Thanks

Andy

IMG_3049.jpeg

Yeah, fair enough, I would feel the same if it’s something I took from work.

it will work. . . . but wont run for very long. .

and the recharge speed will be very slow.

so not ideal for a van. . . . but will work ( or at least till it runs flat)

+++++++++++++

the spec shows 4x internal 12v batterys in a 48v pack.

but with only 9AH capacity.

+++++++++++++

Thank you. It doesn’t sound worth it then when I have an almost unlimited supply of 12v 12AH AGM batteries and a few 600w inverters. So far I have used them for running a light and blowing up an airbed.
I have 3d printed a control panel for the new 12v lights which contains a battery meter, a usb outlet, tailgate light switch and cabin lights with a dimmer.

I don’t like the control panel though and I’m in the process of designing a new flush mounted one. I didn’t realise how much space was available behind the hardboard sheets. I think I also want 2 way switching

Back