Have many others used this space ?

bmc054

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Happy New Year to you all
I’m thinking of using this redundant space above the wheel arch and up to my kombi bed for my electrics set up
I think access is good underneath the bumper for EHU and earth points etc are readily accessible the battery will be secured by the slide out tray underneath the wessex bed with a remote for the inverter fitted on the panel
Just a mock up for now so any ideas or feedback would be great

Bob

IMG_2580.jpeg

IMG_2569.jpeg

IMG_2568.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Have a look at some ideas over here....

Are you not having a mains charger?

Only thought is I'd put the battery the other way around to give the terminals and cabling a bit more protection. I assume you will box or otherwise put some protection around, I'd be nervous about stuff sliding and interfering with the battery cables.

As you are going to have a couple of heavy duty cables I'd consider some bus bars to centralise the wiring, you might be able to put some on the bottom of the plank to keep almost all the wiring on that and then just have 2 leads to drop down to the battery?

Good idea with the terminals , thanks
and yes i’m hoping to cable everything underneath and drop the cables
I haven’t carpeted anything yet as I’m going to trial it first before I box it all in
I’ve done them under seat before but always thought this space was wasted and i’d like to keep my double passenger seat for storage as it’s my daily drive.Thanks again for your input
Bob

Are you not having a mains charger?

Only thought is I'd put the battery the other way around to give the terminals and cabling a bit more protection. I assume you will box or otherwise put some protection around, I'd be nervous about stuff sliding and interfering with the battery cables.

As you are going to have a couple of heavy duty cables I'd consider some bus bars to centralise the wiring, you might be able to put some on the bottom of the plank to keep almost all the wiring on that and then just have 2 leads to drop down to the battery?
Oh and I’d forgotten the mains charger !!

Back