Insurance Premiums With 20s And Lowering

hazlad24

Hi guys

Just wondering if your insurance went up much when you went to 20s and lowering?

Get my t6 tomorrow and want to fit new alloys and lower it by 40mm just wondering if insurance will rape me for it

They might even refuse to insure you. I’d check before you do it. Companies like Brentacre are cool with it and don’t charge, they just like to be informed about any changed.

Get an insurance policy for a modified van. There is no charge for adding any mod to your policy other than engine performance

HIC
They were only worried about anything that altered performance, ie engine mods.

Saw this thread and thought "Oh I'd better call Brentacre to let them know about my new wheels." Less than 5 mins later all done and added to my policy at no extra cost.

I cannot endorse Brentacre enough for this type of service.

Saw this thread and thought "Oh I'd better call Brentacre to let them know about my new wheels." Less than 5 mins later all done and added to my policy at no extra cost.

I cannot endorse Brentacre enough for this type of service.
Insured with them I’m very happy with the policy , service and price

Insured with Aviva.

Spoke to them prior to fitting of 20's and 40mm H&R springs - no change or increase in premium.

I am with Aviva too. They were fine about lowering, 20s, and lots of other mods. Went up by about 20 quid from prev year. Their standard is 35mm for lowering but mine is 40 and they asked underwriter and it was fine

thanks they want to know the original height of the spring before lowering! not sure why but where can i find this info?

Picking my new Van up from VWVC next week. its 40mm sportline lowered so am i right in thinking its not modded coming from the dealer direct?

Hi guys

Just wondering if your insurance went up much when you went to 20s and lowering?

Get my t6 tomorrow and want to fit new alloys and lower it by 40mm just wondering if insurance will rape me for it
Hi
Our T32 metamorphosis is taking place this week and thought I’d reply with info re out insurance.

Policy is with Admiral and to add correctly load rated (both wheels and tyres) 20s and drop by 50mm plus sportline splitter and rear spoiler cost only £25. They appeared to be familiar with the changes and whole call was over in 3 minutes flat. Sighs of relief given that I have already bought the kit and work is getting done as of today.

Strange, Admiral insure my Cali and Golf Gtd on a multi car policy and only charged £1 to lower the Cali. But they said they do not insure Commercial vehicles????

Mine’s a factory Kombi rather than a van. Metamorphosis comment probably conjured the wrong image!
I’d prefer £1 to the £25 paid but could have been added impact of wheels and spoilers? Still, happy I can rest easy knowing they’re ok with the changes
Cheers

Just had a quote for this week’s renewal £490 lowered on 20’s with a few extra bits and pieces

I’m with Adrian flux. I added 20s and lowered on B14s and called them and premium didn’t change. The mods are now listed on my insurance doc

Back