Insurance mileage restrictions

I didn't get an agreed value in writing! Am interesting point. They do at least not down all the changes that have been made as I inform them so they're under no illusion it's still a stock Kombi. Like the rest of you I've a million photos to evidence all the changes etc.
Hi @davecdjt ,

Just spoken to Harrison at A-Plan, here's what i have just received from them.
Wish it wasn't raining!

Good morning Mr @Drive Wayne

Thank you for your time on the phone today.

For the agreed value, we require the following pictures:

Front, back and both sides of vehicle,
Engine bay,
Odometer reading,
Vehicle interior.

The more pictures you can get sent over, the better idea the insurers can get of the condition of the vehicle and what it contains, and any invoices, purchase receipts etc will help.

If you have any questions, just give us a call on 01635 879910.

Kind regards,
Harrison Ayling

Admin Schemes
A-Plan Insurance
Chapel Court, Thatcham, RG18 4QL

Reactions: Bav
Hi @davecdjt ,

Just spoken to Harrison at A-Plan, here's what i have just received from them.
Wish it wasn't raining!

Good morning Mr @Drive Wayne

Thank you for your time on the phone today.

For the agreed value, we require the following pictures:

Front, back and both sides of vehicle,
Engine bay,
Odometer reading,
Vehicle interior.

The more pictures you can get sent over, the better idea the insurers can get of the condition of the vehicle and what it contains, and any invoices, purchase receipts etc will help.

If you have any questions, just give us a call on 01635 879910.

Kind regards,
Harrison Ayling

Admin Schemes
A-Plan Insurance
Chapel Court, Thatcham, RG18 4QL
It'll be interesting to compare premiums between AV and MV policies (if you're willing to share that info, of course).

It'll be interesting to compare premiums between AV and MV policies (if you're willing to share that info, of course).
@Bav I'm a sharing guy, as you say, it will be interesting if they knock me... he reiterated his point about 'of course they would pay you the full £50k you have valued it at'! Photos being collated as we type...

AV will be more expensive, no doubt - just a matter of by how much.

Dave, when you say "...they are under no illusion..." is "they" the broker or the insurer? If it's the broker, you need to ensure they've passed this info on to the insurer. Even then, I'm highly sceptical that any insurer would pay out any more than market value in the event of a write-off. Obviously, I say this having not read your policy Ts&Cs, but it would be *very* unusual (to the point of being unheard of).

EDIT: The one exception I can think of is where you have a brand new van and the insurer offers, effectively, new for old for the first n months.
I can give you another exception.

My LWB 5.1 shuttle was stolen and never recovered. 2010 with 245k miles. I reckon market value was probably £10k at the time and they paid out the value at £15,600 that I was insured for.

Ok it was with CHUBB and they are somewhat of an exceptional insurance company to start with - EVERYHTING I own worldwide is insured under one policy to what I would call a platinum level of cover/service albeit it comes with a similar price.

You name the value, they set the premium based on the value and then they pay that out. IF the market value has gone up (bear in mind they deal with a lot of collector cars and exotic fleets) then they offer a 150% Extended Replacement Value for these vehicles, meaning that if required Chubb would pay up to 150% of the listed value for each vehicle in the event of a total loss.

I had a subsequent claim for a damaged Eames lounge chair that I had had for many many years. Its replacement value was circa £10k, they paid out a week or so after receiving some photos. Didn't even send someone to inspect it or to take it for salvage.

I can give you another exception.

My LWB 5.1 shuttle was stolen and never recovered. 2010 with 245k miles. I reckon market value was probably £10k at the time and they paid out the value at £15,600 that I was insured for.

Ok it was with CHUBB and they are somewhat of an exceptional insurance company to start with - EVERYHTING I own worldwide is insured under one policy to what I would call a platinum level of cover/service albeit it comes with a similar price.

You name the value, they set the premium based on the value and then they pay that out. IF the market value has gone up (bear in mind they deal with a lot of collector cars and exotic fleets) then they offer a 150% Extended Replacement Value for these vehicles, meaning that if required Chubb would pay up to 150% of the listed value for each vehicle in the event of a total loss.

I had a subsequent claim for a damaged Eames lounge chair that I had had for many many years. Its replacement value was circa £10k, they paid out a week or so after receiving some photos. Didn't even send someone to inspect it or to take it for salvage.
That's exceptional policy coverage - both figuratively and literally!!! :D

Is it a HNW-only or is it available to the general public?

Well that's 3 hours of my life I won't get back. 4 emails sent to A-plan Admin with 6 photos at a time attached to each. Let's see what comes back...

That's exceptional policy coverage - both figuratively and literally!!! :D

Is it a HNW-only or is it available to the general public?
Whilst there main business is HNW I don’t think I’m in that category just I’ve got a two vans, a Westfield a house and contents and other odds and sods which were insured via other small policies including annual travel.

I wrapped up something like 10 individual policies into thenone cover and it was worth the additional costs for less admin and the phenomenal service I get.

I’m insured fully comp on ANYTHING (no limits) so long as it’s not registered to me etc. Likewise anyone is able to drive mine with exact same cover as I have so long as they don’t reside at my address. I can add and subtract vehicles with no admin charge. I just pay an adjusted premium for the rest of the year if adding and if subtracting get a refund adjustment (I pay monthly as well).

I contracted to them and it’s how I found out about them as a company and just assumed it was HNW and UHNW however they do deal with regular folks as well.

They only deal with brokers.

Reactions: Bav
Been with A plan for years, old T6 was 35k miles per year. Our classics have AV as always update with pics and increase value yearly, T6.1 is up for renewal soon but had a market value plus extra fitted last premium. Only issue I have with A plan is the legal cover company they use Kindertons, someone hit van, admitted fault and months later still haven't been paid for damages.

20230406_102112.jpg

Back