Insurance Infuriates

Vinci

Residential Surveyor
T6 Guru
Ok, got the van on the drive today. Ringing round for insurance, BUT you apparently build NCD on a particular vehicle, so I have full ncd on my Audi, and 3 years on my Fiesta, and I am a IAM member......but I can still only drive one at a time, and then, even if the insurance is on the vehicle, you can't just let anyone drive it. To curtail this frustrated rant, I can insure the van as a van with no ncd for £500, but no mods/conversion works, or , from a popular insurance provider mentioned numerous times on this forum, £1000. It is to be used for business as well as pleasure. Anyone have any ideas please?

Yes, but I am keeping my other vehicles. Wouldn't be an issue if the van was my sole vehicle but the Fiesta is brilliant in town, and the Audi for fine weather.

Unfortunately that's the way insurance is, and has been for as long as I've had it. I'm with A-plan and they are happy with my mods.

A-plan with mine to, They have no problems with the mods as long as its all road legal and i let the no.

I had to start my van policy exactly the same 6 months ago on zero no claims discount even though I've got another transporter and 2 cars, it's all a con

I'm with HIC starting from scratch on ncd aswell as using elsewhere they let me do any mods no extra charge

Try A-plan, fully disclosed all mods inc 20" alloys, lowered coilovers, kombi conversion inc windows etc( although not done yet and they know that), towbar, roof rack and remap during next year, painted front bumpers etc- £450+ breakdown and legal on top, mileage is limited to 10k

If it makes you feel any better my insurance is up for renewal soon and thanks to some claims and my right footedness best price i can find is £2950 !!!!!!!!!!!

Bl..dy hell....thanks people, I will try some more tomorrow.

Ps customising started.....T6 forum badge on the screen!!!!!!

Think how many mods you could buy for the van for £2950 , would a motor traders policy be any cheaper, you do deal with all our motors ;)

Back