Instrument Cluster Surround Removal

Ray D

Could someone please advise me on how to remover the instrument cluster plastic surround as I want to get it sprayed gloss black but can't for quite figure out how to remove it.

Thanks in advance guys :thumbsup:

You need to remove the right air vent and the stereo surround first as these overlap the cluster surround
All of the trims are simply clipped in but if never removed before they can be very tight to unclip, I would strongly advise you to only use plastic trim tools to remove these parts to avoid marking them or the dash
The stereo and vent trim clips are located on the top and bottom edges and once these are off you will be able to see the clips on the instrument surround which are on the left and right sides

You need to remove the right air vent and the stereo surround first as these overlap the cluster surround
All of the trims are simply clipped in but if never removed before they can be very tight to unclip, I would strongly advise you to only use plastic trim tools to remove these parts to avoid marking them or the dash
The stereo and vent trim clips are located on the top and bottom edges and once these are off you will be able to see the clips on the instrument surround which are on the left and right sides
That's great thank you for a quick response Pauly. So it's just clipped in. Is there any right way to unclip it? Ie pull up at base or just it out ... Carefully

I always start at the bottom just because it’s easier to get a trim tool behind it and lever out then work around the clips til it’s out

That's great thank you for a quick response Pauly. So it's just clipped in. Is there any right way to unclip it? Ie pull up at base or just it out ... Carefully
@Ray D did this inst cluster trim come out easily? Any screws? I will be removing mine soon. Am happy with air vent trim removal, just never done cluster surround yet?

40B0F9EF-A6B3-4345-8210-936056CBD2FB.jpeg12E740B7-43DC-4977-9D25-CC30111D0581.jpegBABDAFBD-1BB7-4F84-BC9B-32FECBE17A62.jpegBBB1C7A7-8016-49D3-9DCB-D953FD21E25C.jpeg74C62AFC-4AEC-4919-A12A-99AA30570802.jpeg
Info for anyone else reading this thread. I took a punt and bought a piano black instrument surround off eBay 2nd hand for much cheapness! Part no: 7E6 857 054 B041.
I followed the modification instructions from another thread (removal/ cut off of the bottom RH corner). My cutting was a bit rough, but you can’t see it. The surround fits perfect! See pics. My next job OEM outer air vents #thumbs up.

Back