Insect and security screen mesh installation

KombiKommando

Dogger
T6 Guru
Does anyone know if I can get an Insect screen for my sliding side windows? One that's gonna stop midges? Or shall I replace the sliding door window with a pop out that comes with an integrated midge screen? (If such a thing even exists......???)

I bought some insect mesh and a pack of those strong magnets from Amazon, cut the mesh to the required size and use the magnets to hold in place.
Ok it’s a bit Heath Robinson but it cost peanuts and it works perfectly. I stick on the outside so the window can be opened/closed as required (obviously I remove before driving off)

Out of interest, thought I would take a look at the link above, holy P** Batman, £49 for a single screen is just stupid

Out of interest, thought I would take a look at the link above, holy P** Batman, £49 for a single screen is just stupid
Go and price up the genuine VW one, it makes these cheaper by half, think i will be having one.:thumbsup:

Hey guys,
Has anyone installed one of these security and insect screens / meshes using bonding / glue agent?

Any tips are welcome, which bonding agent to use, how to use it, priming, etc… never done it before so know close to zero about it

Thanks in advance!

IMG_4472.jpeg

Back