Injector torque setting

BAZT6

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Gents
Does anyone know the torque setting for the clamps that hold in the injectors, T28 T6 late 2015. When I bought the van the rocker cover was damaged and to change the rocker cover you have to remove the injectors.
Cheers Baz

Damaged how badly? disturbing happy injectors opens a real can of worms... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Phil the rocker cover had the small hose at the cam belt end broken off. To change the rocker cover needs the injectors removing I did this to change the cover and as you say it causes problems, so I have removed the injectors again to change the seals. Total pain in the butt, but I am nearly there now. Cheaply made modern motors for you. Baz

Hello Gents
Torque setting is 8NM, next to nothing and then 270 degs (3/4 of a turn). Have done this, engine is a runner but still not as smooth as it should be so ongoing.
Cheers Baz

I would love to hear more on this. Iv recently replaced my gasket too due to an oil leak and I too have now got an engine that sounds lumpy and feels like it's got a slight misfire. Nothing showing up on data regarding misfire count but definitely something there

Hello Gents
Torque setting is 8NM, next to nothing and then 270 degs (3/4 of a turn). Have done this, engine is a runner but still not as smooth as it should be so ongoing.
Cheers Baz
Did you put them back in the same cyls, as they are coded?

Rory thats a fun job to do. Not trying to teach you how to blow eggs but did you change the copper seals that the injectors sit into, it must all be squeaky clean as well.
Still have not got mine running 100% but van had been involved in a knock when I bought it. Engine had been well and truly bounced around the engine bay with all mounts broken and various cables chopped. I have been busy with life but need to get back onto the van.
Baz

Hi baz,
Yeah everything got changed and was scrupulously cleaned. New copper injector washers plus the small black Oring that sits half way up the injector. Got new rocker gasket obviously and the kncok out and push it gasket/seal that the injector goes through. Bought new stretch bolts and the 2 rubber seals that these bolts go through in the cover. I made sure iv had everything to hand to do the job, everything tourqes to spec too as per autodata. Injector seats cleaned to so I could confirm that seated correctly.
It's a shame youve never gotten to the bottom of it. Reading through some threads on here there seems alot of talk that once the injectors are disturbed they seem to pack up. Iv never experienced this kind of issue before and typically I would happen to mine.
I released the injectors even though they went back in the same order just to be on the safe side but this was to no awail. Anyway, 100mile in now and it has improved but its still not perfect. Debating pulling them back out after a full tank of decent fuel has gone through it if it hasn't rectified itself and sending them to pf Jones for testing.
Rory

Any solid copper seals performance is improved by annealing before installation. Heat until cherry red and rapidly quench in water, this will soften the copper.

Forgot to mention never apply grease to the copper seal as it will blow out and cause the seal to leak.

Rory just an idea, have you tried bleeding the fuel lines again? Very fickle these modern engines.
Baz

Back