Individual fog lights don't turn on when I'm cornering

Barley53

T6 Pro
Hi, does anyone know if there's a separate fuse for the cornering aspect of the fog lights? Although the fogs themselves are working fine on demand (standard fit H11's on a my19 T6) they no longer light up when turning or when activating the indicator at any speed. I'm buggered if I can work out why, so any suggestions appreciated, thanks.

No separate fuse, turn assist should come on when cornering at low speeds at night.

Are your lights set to auto?

Lights on auto @Dellmassive, appropriate settings that mention cornering lights (ODBeleven) set as active yet they were working and now they're not, at any speed. If there's no separate fuse I might try unplugging the battery to see if they come back.

Lights on auto @Dellmassive, appropriate settings that mention cornering lights (ODBeleven) set as active yet they were working and now they're not, at any speed. If there's no separate fuse I might try unplugging the battery to see if they come back.
Hope this helps. Mine only work with lights on dip beam. Then both come on when reversing. They don’t work on side lights or with no lights.

Thanks @Dugdog74, I think I've tried all this, they just seem to have stopped. Something in the settings somewhere methinks, as the van's still in warranty I might pop into VW (and they can look at my cabin light issue whilst they're at it)

Hey @Barley53, did you get to the bottom of this?

I’venkust tried to upgrade to LED fog bulb. They worked for two days - usually even if parked, I’d turn the wheels and fig light would come up. But the LED’s stopped working as cornering lights, they work fine as fog lights.

I’ve put my old bulbs - these works as fog lights ok but no longer as cornering lights.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Lakis

have you tried a BCM reset? :

Hi @tollaut,

I never found a resolution to this, in the end I installed some switchback led fogs (yellow/white/bright white) and the cornering functionality came back, so its possible that the original bulbs were faulty somehow. Having the switchbacks installed meant that I was getting a different colour each time I turned a corner, so I coded the cornering functionality out. Can't say I miss it if I'm honest, and I really like the switchbacks.....

have you tried a BCM reset? :

I haven't tried that as it's seems like an easy way to mess something up... I've tried uncoding and coding fog lights so it seem this is the last option to try. I'll give it a go!

Hi, should an individual fog light automatically turn on when the headlights are on and I'm turning a corner? I'm sure that mine used to, but don't seem to be doing it at the moment.

Yes. Mine do.

It's called corner assist.

Corner at low speed with lights on and indicators on and the lower fog light should illuminate.

Mine certainly do but it doesn't require an indicator?
I'm not sure about the speed thing as it appears to be based on steering angle and I always assumed that at higher speeds it simply doesn't receive enough input angle?

There is a speed threshold of approx 25mph. They should come on when turning or indicating when stationary, or both come on when reversing.

Mine don't do any of this tho', because I've had turned them off with VCDS.

Back