Indicator stalk problem

Limalex

VIP Member
Hi everybody.

Happy New Year!

The high beam switch on my inducator stalk not working. I have to keep pulling while i driving to use high beam.

is it a repairable part?

can i order just one side?

or it will be coming lete stalk replacement.
info would be appreciated.

I had this gremlin when I had some coding done, meaning I lost main beam on a flash and on pushing the stall forward.
So firstly; have you had any coding done?

I had this gremlin when I had some coding done, meaning I lost main beam on a flash and on pushing the stall forward.
So firstly; have you had any coding done?
Really?? Strange.
My one is an upgrade. My van is a t5.1 and i fitted the t6 steering wheel and stalks without cruise control and trip buttons.
I thought it is a simple swap. So maybe some code missing? I am sure I have no any coding options for a stalks in Central Electrics.

Where should I check this??

Really?? Strange.
My one is an upgrade. My van is a t5.1 and i fitted the t6 steering wheel and stalks without cruise control and trip buttons.
I thought it is a simple swap. So maybe some code missing? I am sure I have no any coding options for a stalks in Central Electrics.

Where should I check this??
So it has never worked? Your old stalk was non-sprung type? And now T6 sprung-type stalk?
If so - change BCM adaptation channel#54 from 0 to 1.

More adaptations in the attachment of --> https://www.t6forum.com/threads/vcds-codes-list.4851/post-234830

Just updating this thread for the sake of others maybe driven here by google.

On a T5.1 after BCM upgrade and the stalk upgrade with a T6 sprung type stalk. Some additional wiring needed to make the High beam switch work.

For BCM upgrade, Cruse Control on steering wheel, Auto Light switch instal and the Sprung type stalk solution please visit this post VW T5.1 Caravelle BCM Upgrade and Cruise Control on Steering Wheel...SOLVED - Page 4 - UK-POLOS.NET - THE VW Polo Forum

A Big Thank You to Ciclo at uk-polos.net for his awesome suport

Back