New feature - handbrake activated right indicator!

racT6bus

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Something very odd happened last night.....I unlocked this amazing new feature that allows to you turn on the right indicator by putting the handbrake on!!

The right indicator on my T6 would not go off when moving the stalk back to the centre (left worked fine in left position) so every time I locked the vehicle with the indicator stalk in the centre position the right-hand parking lights would come on - obvs not good as it would then drain the battery. After a bit of messing around trying to figure out how to make it stop from indicating right when in the centre position I found that if I release the handbrake the indicator turns off o_O

Anyway, has this happened to anyone else before? Luckily I was on flat ground and had to leave it parked without the handbrake on in order to save the battery!

Weird! Either wires shorted somewhere or a fault in the can-bus. Have you carried out a scan? Any recent modifications to look more closely at?

was it raining by chance? have you recently had a windscreen replacement? any water ingress in the drivers footwell area?

just thinking out loud, but I cant see how the 2 circuits would be wired near each other, so id suspect the only point their signals will converge would be at the Body Control Module which is sorta above the accelerator in the back of the dash.

I experienced something similar with a friends car that was totally minging (sharpie dogs), got put in for a Tesco valet and I guess they used their toughest chemicals.
Multiple electrical issues afterwards due to corrosion.

There has been an exceptional amount of rain where I am, but no water ingress visible in the footwell, but I'm guessing the rain must have caused water to get in somewhere. It hasn't happened again yet, but clearly, there is a problem there that needs investigating at some stage!

Next rainy day lay upside down with your head by the peddles and shine a torch up, hopefully you can see something :rolleyes:

There has been an exceptional amount of rain where I am, but no water ingress visible in the footwell, but I'm guessing the rain must have caused water to get in somewhere. It hasn't happened again yet, but clearly, there is a problem there that needs investigating at some stage!
Get somebody outside to use a hose while you watch inside, don’t spray all over, gradually move around the van and that should narrow down the entry point.

Back