Ideal Fridge Temp

Lord Mfwic

I'm Batman.
T6 Legend
Hi all,

After visiting Busfest I bought a Vitrifigo VF45 mobile fridge/freezer. They are very similar to Dometic fridges but at the show they were half the price of a Dometic, so the purchase was made.

Anyway, my question is.
What do you guys find is the ideal temperature to set when you're using yours?
I'm thinking somewhere between 2 / 4 c but real life experience may prove different.

Cheers

Mfwic

My Dometic top loader is set to +20c ish. I’ve tried +10 but things tend to freeze at the bottom. It’s still poke n hope @ the mo!
Best to try it out with food stored and setting temps?

Is it a front loader?
If I set mine to zero, then the contents would be solid!
That’s why it’s a suck n see as +20 seems so high.
No, it's a top loading waeco. Zero degrees is as cold as I can get it without freezing.

i have mine on 1 degC on a hot day for cold beers, (40% compressor use)

or 3/4 degC for cool beers and if i want to conserve battery power (10% compressor use)

and -18 degC for a fast quick chill down of warm beers from the shop. (100% compressor use)

mostly used on a 200W pure sine inverter

Fridge Portable vFree Vitrifrigo VF45P Boat Car Camper 12-24v or 110-220v

Fridge Portable vFree Vitrifrigo VF45P Boat Car Camper 12-24v or 110-220v for sale online | eBay

They are a lot cheaper from p1070

Hi all,

After visiting Busfest I bought a Vitrifigo VF45 mobile fridge/freezer. They are very similar to Dometic fridges but at the show they were half the price of a Dometic, so the purchase was made.

Anyway, my question is.
What do you guys find is the ideal temperature to set when you're using yours?
I'm thinking somewhere between 2 / 4 c but real life experience may prove different.

Cheers

Mfwic
You can get fridge thermostats that give a specific temperature range. From memory 5 deg c is fine.

I have an Outwell top loader portable fridge freezer which I leave at 2C.

To drastically reduce its power consumption I freeze a milk and an OJ before a trip, put them in the fridge & set it at 2C and with it packed full of food it's sometimes 3 days before the compressor kicks in to keep it at 2 by which time you've used the unfrozen ones and the others have defrosted.

Back