ID Buzz

Excellent news. I can't wait for the aftermarket to develop some suspension and wheel solutions.

The tyres are on my buzz cargo are (from memory) rated 105 front and 107 rear but the axle load limit is 1390 front and 1690 rear so I'm guessing I shoiud be safe with alloys rated above 900kg rear and 800kg front - I'm adding my own safety margin, I do know it'll never be loaded up in my ownership and it won't be towing - looking for alloys rated close to 1000kg narrows the choices somewhat.
So you can go 695kg per wheel front and 845kg rear if your axle weights are correct, so you are sorted with what you are doing.

We can’t wait to get stuck into it - wheels have just been ordered - watch this space.
Suspension we are 1st in line for when it happens :)

I replied on Facebook but do you know if they are active suspension? When I test drove the cargo the sport, comfort etc made no difference to the ride. Just wondering if it's active and if coilovers are active. Assuming H&R.
I want to put BBS CI-R on mine like my T6 but not quite load rated high enough for max gross weight.

It’s not a DCC system on the Buzz. So it’s either Coilovers or air. I was looking at BBS Ci- R originally in 22”. Stunning wheels but never got any further as I’ve found the wheels I want to use.

I replied on Facebook but do you know if they are active suspension? When I test drove the cargo the sport, comfort etc made no difference to the ride. Just wondering if it's active and if coilovers are active. Assuming H&R.
I want to put BBS CI-R on mine like my T6 but not quite load rated high enough for max gross weight.
What ET are your BBS? the rear standard wheels on the cargo are ET58, fronts are ET 48 on the cargo, possibly 40 on the people carrier.

The cargo doesn't have deep door cards so slightly pokey wheels should stop the side doors operating on that - the people carrier version might be a bit tight though. It also depends if you have plans to lower it in the future when products come on the market

It’s not a DCC system on the Buzz. So it’s either Coilovers or air. I was looking at BBS Ci- R originally in 22”. Stunning wheels but never got any further as I’ve found the wheels I want to use.
Are you going 22s (or would that be a spoiler), if so bravo

I'm tryng to work out whether to go 20 or 21s, no 21s offered as standard on the cargo but no reason why they shouldn't fit the same.

What ET are your BBS? the rear standard wheels on the cargo are ET58, fronts are ET 48 on the cargo, possibly 40 on the people carrier.

The cargo doesn't have deep door cards so slightly pokey wheels should stop the side doors operating on that - the people carrier version might be a bit tight though. It also depends if you have plans to lower it in the future when products come on the market
What OEM wheel size was that for? 18s 19s or 20s.
My t6 uses 20x9.5 et40 all round

The 5x112 options are limited.
Fronts would be 20x9 et25 or 38 and rears 20x10.5 et35 on stock tyres.
This is all without actually measuring and for the flush but no rubbing look.
I like the concave but not cancave looks of the rear 10.5"

Also BBS CI-R don't come in sizes bigger than 20"? Or am I missing secret information.

Are you going 22s (or would that be a spoiler), if so bravo

I'm tryng to work out whether to go 20 or 21s, no 21s offered as standard on the cargo but no reason why they shouldn't fit the same.
Originally yes. But are going to go with a 21 on this first van.

Sizes would be 9x 21/10.5x21 - This size should run the stock tyre but may go up a size but will see how it all works out. We are finalising tomorrow and should see them on the van within a week or so :)

What OEM wheel size was that for? 18s 19s or 20s.
My t6 uses 20x9.5 et40 all round

The 5x112 options are limited.
Fronts would be 20x9 et25 or 38 and rears 20x10.5 et35 on stock tyres.
This is all without actually measuring and for the flush but no rubbing look.
I like the concave but not cancave looks of the rear 10.5"

Also BBS CI-R don't come in sizes bigger than 20"? Or am I missing secret information.
I have had the wheel off the rear of my Cargo which was a 19 at ET58. not had a front off yet.

Taken from the pdf below it gives offsets for Passenger version and for the Cargo:

Cover.jpg

Passenger version

Passenger Version.jpg

Cargo Version

Cargo Version.jpg

Hope that helps

Massively helpful. Thanks. Now I'll just have to measure tyre to arch distance and get the right look. Will likely end up going for the BBS CI-R. They will be load rated enough for my weights that I carry but not for max weight, unless I find another decent wheel that I like.

The 21" ID Buzz factory alloys on the 1st Editions are

21 x 8.5 ET40
21 x 10 ET40
If my sums are right ( i did check them on www.willtheyfit.com ) if there is already clearance for a 21 x 10 with 40 offset at the rear that should allow for a 20 x 9 to go as low as ET27 offset and not cause any arch clearance issues even if the van is lowered at a later date. That's massive over the standard 19 x 9 on the cargo with ET58.

If my sums are right ( i did check them on www.willtheyfit.com ) if there is already clearance for a 21 x 10 with 40 offset at the rear that should allow for a 20 x 9 to go as low as ET27 offset and not cause any arch clearance issues even if the van is lowered at a later date. That's massive over the standard 19 x 9 on the cargo with ET58.
I'd be going 20x10 et25 most likely, a good 47.7mm more poke that 19s or 20x10.5 et38 (39.1 poke)
But again, no Buzz to measure and depends on how much camber is induced when lowered and how adjustable camber is (if any.)

I would be nice to see someone with a cargo load it up with weight and see how the performance is loaded up. Like 2/300kg loaded.
Is it as big a difference as the transporter. Even remapped my T6 is slow.

The 21" ID Buzz factory alloys on the 1st Editions are

21 x 8.5 ET40
21 x 10 ET40
Ok please excuse this, but until yesterday we were going off the sizes from TPS

We've got our Buzz on the ramp now and the information above my post is correct!

Front are 8.5 x 21 ET40
rear are 10 x 21 ET58

Not sure where TPS got their info from......

We are removing the rear suspension tomorrow to tuck the wheel to will report back on measurements - What I will say on the standard wheels there is a good 35 mm inner clearance

In the meantime here is a picture we took today

IMG_9546.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok please excuse this, but until yesterday we were going off the sizes from TPS

We've got our Buzz on the ramp now and the information above my post is correct!

Front are 8.5 x 21 ET40
rear are 10 x 21 ET58

We are remove the rear suspension tomorrow to tuck the wheel to will report back on measurements - What I will say on the standard wheels there is a good 35 mm inner clearance

In the meantime here is a picture we took today

View attachment 185999
Looking forward to see you guys doing your magic on this watching with interest

Front are 8.5 x 21 ET40
rear are 10 x 21 ET40

To give TPS their due, there are a lot of alloys listed in the part catalogue. There are a set of 10x21 ET40 and 8.5x21 ET40
PR code 56M - Which might be the first edition spec you are referring to?

Back