iCarsoft CR Pro

Anyone here have experience of this product? Before anyone mentions VCDS, the reason I am looking at this is that my wife has a Vauxhall and, as far as I know, VCDS is purely for VW etc (correct me if I am wrong). I have a Carista unit but I want something that I don't have to pay a subscription for and that will cover a wide variety of vehicles
https://www.amazon.co.uk/iCarsoft-C...gnostic/dp/B07KR4GZXN/ref=asc_df_B07KR4GZXN/?
AFAIK (and I’m more than willing to be corrected) VCDS can be used as a bog standard OBD2 reader with any vehicle.

AFAIK (and I’m more than willing to be corrected) VCDS can be used as a bog standard OBD2 reader with any vehicle.
Just read this from Ross Tech site "VCDS uses VW's proprietary diagnostic protocol and is only designed and supported for use in VW/Audi vehicles. Although you can use an OBD-II Scan Tool in an OBD-II compliant (1996 or newer) VW or Audi, an OBD-II Scan Tool can only talk to the engine, not the numerous other "intelligent" systems in the car."

Last edited:
Just read this from Ross Tech site "VCDS uses VW's proprietary diagnostic protocol and is only designed and supported for use in VW/Audi vehicles. Although you can use an OBD-II Scan Tool in an OBD-II compliant (1996 or newer) VW or Audi, an OBD-II Scan Tool can only talk to the engine, not the numerous other "intelligent" systems in the car."
Looks like it “might” work with most post 2000 cars, depending on the protocols.

Bonjour..
Je ne recommande pas icarsoft..
J'en ai eu un pendentif 5 jours ... catastrophe sur la qualité de l'affaire et des clés ..
inutile

Bonjour..
Je ne recommande pas icarsoft..
J'en ai eu un pendentif 5 jours ... catastrophe sur la qualité de l'affaire et des clés ..
inutile
OK, merci d'avoir pris le temps de commenter

Back