[Resolved] Carista: Battery registration option not showing 2017

Squiz

VIP Member
Hi all, I need to swap my battery and register it.

I have carista pro subscription so should work, but it doesn't come up in the service drop down menu which is where it should be.

When I interrogate the vehicle supported tab, my t6 says battery registration is supported, I have emailed carista customer support but not heard back yet.

Anyone else had this, am I doing something wrong ?

ta in advance

Yes I’ve had it. Not all variants are covered by Carista. Mines an early 2017 150 DSG as well.

I had a friendly local VCDS user from this forum do it for me.

As above, looks to be variant-specific.

I am, however, seeing some random data against an OEM AGM Varta Battery, though am working on the principle of "if it ain't broke..." so leaving it alone for now!

Screenshot_20220820-215630_Carista.jpgScreenshot_20220820-215646_Carista.jpg

Ah thanks both, I notice on your screenshot mlh677 that it has beta above it think I remember reading about beta but not sure how to access it ? any ideas or was it just there for you ?
ta !

@Squiz,

Try the following link. :thumbsup:

Thanks !

Following the link you sent I offloaded my Carista app version allowing me to download the beta version, which they have added the battery registration function for test and report.

Think that has worked ! I can now see my old battery data in the beta version..so later today I will try and input the new battery details when I swap it over.

Also as I type had a nice reply from carista support with the same link you sent me so they do answer support queries from the app too !

Lets see if I manage to change battery and add new details...it will report back !

Hi, well I did it thanks to other peoples experiences and posts on the forum !
I had to offload my carista app and follow a link to download the beta version.
This has the battery registration function.

As I was changing from non factory spec battery to a Bosch as recommended on the battery upgrade threads I had to input new values.

The Bosch battery does not have a bem code as others have said so I used 80a ( which is the amp of new battery) and for the 3 letter manufacturer code from the drop down menu on carista...VAO ( bosch are made by varta and varta 3 letter code is VAO.)

The 10 digit bem code number is first or last 10 numbers from the long number under the barcode and not really terribly important, the main thing is typing a different number to what was already in its memory so it knows it's a new battery.

My battery installed by vw in factory as many others from the forum was 75A and 1111111111

So all good and thanks for the input on this and other excellent threads about battery swaps !

Back