I Love My Highline Kombi

Lawce

Construction Site Manager
T6 Pro
Dropped my kombi in for its 1st service today and they gave me a trendline panel van for a few days as I’ve got a small leak on the kombi windscreen. So my kombi is DSG and the panel van is manual, hands up the panel van feels more responsive probably because it’s manual and I haven’t floored my DSG, and here’s the but, the panel van is so uncomfortable in comparison, the bulk head restricts both legroom and seating positions, there’s no heated windscreen, the media player is so small/basic and I am already fed up of gear change and not having a free hand for a brew etc(age?). All in all I am not saying the panel van is complete pants but it makes me appreciate my kombi even more and all the highline bits and bobs. Never did I think the difference would be so vast between the 2 models.I love my highline kombi and would highly recommend anyone thinking of buying a T6 to get a higher spec as possible (afford) as the benefits are unmeasurable

We've got both a 140ps T6 Highline Kombi converted to a camper and a 180ps T5 Trendline Kombi also converted now for sale see below.

We've done many miles in both but you are quite correct about becoming spoilt by the auto lights & wipers etc. The heated screen has its positives and negatives it's only been especially useful a few times this winter as we don't use the van every day BUT the heating element glistens when driving into a low sun and can be distracting. The lights on the Highline are LEDs so in a different league to the Trandline. The media system in the Highline which includes Satnav is far before that of the Trendline although for holidays I prefer MS Autoroute with GPS to find Aires and campsites.

However it is all brought into focus when I'm driving the 25bhp LHD Beetle (Avatar) with all crash gearbox, cable brakes, 6V electrics, no radio, semaphore indicators and tiny windows to peer out of. All good fun at a max of 55mph!

Back