Dilema! T6 startline auto or T6 highline? Advice please!

gikster

Hello,

Have a bit of a dilemma!

Am looking for my first Campervan and going to see a couple today. Both professionally converted, look very nice!

I'm not great with motors so hoping for some advice please!

Both around 50k miles, 2017.

The startline is from a dealer so with warranty -
- new conversion, sport line kit, automatic

The Highline is a private sale
- Manual, professionally converted a couple of years ago, comes with inflatable awning.

Only major conversion differences is the startline has diesel heater and the highline has solar (wanted both really but there we are)

The highline is £5k cheaper assume due to it being a private sale?

Both look lovely vans so guess I'm spoilt for choice but wouldn't mind opinions please?

My two-penneth (and subject to things like service history and condition being equal): get an AA pre-purchase inspection and, if all checks out, go with the private sale and then purchase an independent warranty.

I would go with the Highline, unless you needed a DSG/Automatic gear box. There's more useful toys on the Highline.
My conversion was based on a Startline (the poverty model)! That £5000 saving means you can throw £1100 at a diesel heater and more.
There's things on a Startline that are really expensive/impossible to upgrade, the Highline will probably already come equipped.
Mine is a manual, after 20 years of driving autos I don't miss the auto box.
The inflatable awning is the winner too, but that's a whole different thread!

Reactions: Bav
Back