I Like Black Things

moomin-j

Get busy living or get busy dying.
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I prefer dark colours to bright fancy colours...

So, I had a black leather RIB bed:

20210103_145557_resized.jpg

Mrs moomin-j wanted to make it more "brighter" - so she bought some fancy coloured Vw related campervan type cushions.
These are the type of cushions that we are not allowed to sit on, they are just "for show".

20210103_145538_resized.jpg

Mrs moomin-j also found some of the same design coasters, so we have to use these now when having a brew or a beer, just in case we (I) "spill" anything.
I can't see what these coasters are protecting, as the worktop is all Staron, which, please forgive me if I am wrong, is very easily wipey upable.
But if it pleases the other half, who am I to complain?

20210103_145825_resized.jpg

But it doesn't stop there, oh no...
My beautiful black fronted fridge, which by the way cost extra rather than the standard silver colour, is now apparently in for a "design upgrade"

20210103_145734_resized.jpg

This has now been changed to the same design as all of the above improvements, as it all has to now "coordinate" with each other.
This "brings it all together", according to Mrs moomin-j:

20210103_152123_resized.jpg

I think I am losing the battle on my dark colour preferences.

I wonder whether these requested changes will earn me any advantage points, when I tell (ask) her, that I most certainly need some more improved Koni suspension bits, as the original Vw stuff can be improved upon by a visit to Steve @ CRS?

I am going to open a bottle of red tonight,
Funnily enough its called, 19 Crimes , The Uprising.
I wonder if its name has anything to do with my inner feelings at the moment!!

1609695554381.png

Last edited:
Love it lol I definitely don’t have cushions that you can’t sit on or a pink blanket in my van so I know your pain

Ha ha....colour and coordinates help make your van your own.....but suspension is subjective.....however if you can wait till the next meeting and arrange for Mrs Moomin-j to Try some different setups perhaps you will get your way.....failing that arrange a little dodgy report that highlights a weeping strut and go from there.......but I’d never ever try and pull the wool :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

she just read my post.....:eek:

I merely congratulate Mrs moomin-j on her forward thinking: a wipe-clean bed and accessories! She is very Covid aware....ahem!

@moomin-j Where did mrs moomin-j get the fridge sticker? I’ve not seen that design before. Asking for a friend ;)
@Ed Webb - Mrs moomin-j bought it from an unknown trader @ Busfest 2019, but she has only just been brave enough to show it to me, as she (allegedly) understands my dislike of fancy bright colours in Buster.
She says that if she had asked me to fit it to Buster almost straight after conversion, I would not have installed it, but nearly 2 years down the line, she thought I had mellowed a bit re my "little problem".
She was obviously correct as its now fitted!!

I do think that Keith @ Chippys Workshop will produce a personalised fridge panel to fit, as long as no copyright is infringed on the design / logo. :cool: :thumbsup:
This wont be a sticker, but a proper slide in affair to replace the original.

Last edited:
Yeah they do the Marshall amp one I was thinking of getting but you can imagine the look I got when I was talking about it

Back