I have to wait 1 month to sort my leak!

GONA66

CARAVELLE
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Evening all, Today i noticed and was confirmed (coolant level low ) by the digital dash ! that i had a leak . I rang my local VW Commercial Garage at Preston and explained the problem.
I was asked for the registration,which i gave. This is a private plate which i have used on several vans ,but according to them it's on a 2017 T6 which i sold 18 months ago, which led them to inform me i would have to pay £150.00 just for them to take a look ! I explained that my vehicle was actually a 2020 model and was under warranty.
Eventually we got this sorted out and i was offered a date of exactly i full month to the day and if i wanted a courtesy car the earliest date was 3rd January 2022 !!........FFS ! 4 1/2 WEEKS , OR 2 MONTHS :eek:
Does any body else think this is too long ? ......I have found out also i can call VW assist to try and sort this ...any thoughts.

yes . . .kinda.

(you need to tell the call centre its a drivability concern and you cant drive the van (as its got no water in it), and the you NEED A SILVER VW SERICE GUY . . not a regular yellow AA callout guy - be firm with them)

then, provided you get the silver VW van and not the regular AA guy they will:

they will fix it at home

or

they will get parts and come back to fix it on drive.

or

have it booked in to main dealer for urgent attention (needs to be dealt with within a few days)

I've had them fix on my drive:

blower fan resistor pack,

rear exhaust egr pipe,

yes . . .kinda.

(you need to tell the call centre its a drivability concern and you cant drive the van (as its got no water in it), and the you NEED A SILVER VW SERICE GUY . . not a regular yellow AA callout guy - be firm with them)

they will fix it at home

or

or

have it booked in to main dealer for urgent attention (needs to be dealt with within a few days)
Thanks for that @Dellmassive i will call 1st thing in the morning . :thumbsup:

yes . . .kinda.

they will fix it at home

or

or

Good advice

Just had a conversation with a mate and he's said that because I've had the vehicle for less than 30 days i'm entitled to ask for a refund due to the goods being faulty .
He said under "The consumer rights act 2015" Can any body shed any weight on this please. As i'm now getting a little concerned as to wether this could end up a major fault !

no sure on that.

id just get VWCV in and fix it.

its all under warranty . . . . don't worry.

let them do there thing.

its a machine after all . . . . sometimes things need fixing.

:mexican wave:

yes . . .kinda.

they will fix it at home

or

or

Got to say was with rac for 10 years when had my caddy only broke down twice and on both occasions sent silver vw guy without me even requesting

Just an update , Rang VW Assist this morning and they said they would send a technician out between 2-4pm .
Alan arrived at 2.40pm and within twenty minutes diagnosed a leak at the bottom rear of the radiator, he left at 3.15pm and by 3.30pm a lady rang and booked me in for vehicle recovery in the morning between 8.00-10.00am. And 30-40 mins later Enterprise rang to sort a courtesy car out for the following day, don't know what that will be he said he'd ring in the morning with details........... So far so good and a much better experience than ringing the VW Commercial garage direct yesterday. I'll keep you all posted on updates !

Just an update , Rang VW Assist this morning and they said they would send a technician out between 2-4pm .
Alan arrived at 2.40pm and within twenty minutes diagnosed a leak at the bottom rear of the radiator, he left at 3.15pm and by 3.30pm a lady rang and booked me in for vehicle recovery in the morning between 8.00-10.00am. And 30-40 mins later Enterprise rang to sort a courtesy car out for the following day, don't know what that will be he said he'd ring in the morning with details........... So far so good and a much better experience than ringing the VW Commercial garage direct yesterday. I'll keep you all posted on updates !
Wow! That’s a bit more like it

Wow! That’s a bit more like it
Certainly is , i would of been stuffed if i'd had to wait the 4+ weeks that i was told yesterday , and ironically it's going to the same dealer !
Just to add the Technician Alan said it hasn't been damaged by a stone otherwise i'd would of been footing the bill...........i've had dealings with dealer in the past and they made me pay for the Front Assist to be re-calibrated on my previous T6 and that was under warranty too. So fingers X.

Certainly is , i would of been stuffed if i'd had to wait the 4+ weeks that i was told yesterday , and ironically it's going to the same dealer !
Just to add the Technician Alan said it hasn't been damaged by a stone otherwise i'd would of been footing the bill...........i've had dealings with dealer in the past and they made me pay for the Front Assist to be re-calibrated on my previous T6 and that was under warranty too. So fingers X.
Keep us updated

Vehicle collected this morning and taken to VW Dealer , they have just rang to inform me that the leak is NOT covered by the warranty ! This is a leak at the rear of the radiator , protected by the under tray . ADVISE PLEASE !!

given that the leak wasn’t caused by damage (as confirmed by VW Assist) it would be interesting to hear their rationale why it isn’t a warranty matter!

given that the leak wasn’t caused by damage (as confirmed by VW Assist) it would be interesting to hear their rationale why it isn’t a warranty matter!
The dealer says it has been damaged.

I have telephoned VW and have escalated this matter . They are going to look into this for me and report back.

Back