I Fitted a Induction Cooktop into the Camper

Bryn23

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Well, this has been on my list for a while, i was sick of having to get the old induction cooktop out and set it on the bench up to make a cuppa.

I was limited by space and depth, but i came across a suitable cooktop that could be recessed on Aliexpress.

I ended up just getting the 800 Watt version, as it's just mainly for boiling water as i don't cook in the van.

I'll sort out a heat deflector to stop the heat on the curtain

It only draws 60 amps. (i have 604ah of lithium)

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

I also decided to make a new cutlery tray, to clean the drawer up.

IMG_1106.jpg

Posts moved over to 3D print thread
Well, this has been on my list for a while, i was sick of having to get the old induction cooktop out and set it on the bench up to make a cuppa.

I was limited by space and depth, but i came across a suitable cooktop that could be recessed on Aliexpress.

I ended up just getting the 800 Watt version, as it's just mainly for boiling water as i don't cook in the van.

I'll sort out a heat deflector to stop the heat on the curtain

It only draws 60 amps. (i have 604ah of lithium)

View attachment 160904

View attachment 160905

I also decided to make a new cutlery tray, to clean the drawer up.

View attachment 160906
Brilliant, well played!

I thought it must've been 3D Printed. Very cool.

Any tips on which printer to get? i.e how much do you need to spend to create nice looking objects like your tray?

Last edited by a moderator:
where did you get your induction hob?

this is the link to the cooktop on aliexpress, I ended up ordering a spare After I received the first cooktop

‘there are heaps of different version, ranging from 800 watt, 1200 watt, 2000/3000watt versions with different diameters

22.09£ 13% OFF|Round Electric Magnetic Induction Cooker Wire Control Embedded Hob Burner Commercial Hot Pot Heating Stove Plate Heater Furnace - Induction Cookers - AliExpress

aliexpress is a mixed bag, read the reviews, but I haven’t had any issues with 40+ orders

I’ll most likely get a larger version to rebate into my outdoor table.

this is the link to the cooktop on aliexpress, I ended up ordering a spare After I received the first cooktop

‘there are heaps of different version, ranging from 800 watt, 1200 watt, 2000/3000watt versions with different diameters

22.09£ 13% OFF|Round Electric Magnetic Induction Cooker Wire Control Embedded Hob Burner Commercial Hot Pot Heating Stove Plate Heater Furnace - Induction Cookers - AliExpress

aliexpress is a mixed bag, read the reviews, but I haven’t had any issues with 40+ orders

I’ll most likely get a larger version to rebate into my outdoor table.
i have a steba one. It's too powerful to run from my inverter though. That's why i was interested in the one you fitted which looks great. Now I have the hole cut in my worktop I'll need to keep the old one for when I'm on a hookup which is hardly ever. At the time of building my van, these lower powered induction hobs were not available

Back