Hire Purchase APR?

whiskymac

I've finalised the spec/options I want on my new van, just wanting to make sure I'm getting a competitive rate.
What's considered a decent APR rate for dealer finance? I'm looking at putting a decent amount down and financing what's left with a view to owning the van outright at the end.

Any info would be great. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
VWFS is currently 4.8% on PCP max 30% deposit with £750 deposit contribution, and their HP is 8.8% any deposit, no contribution.

Mr Tesco helped pay for mine. Much better rate than VW at the time.

Get a quote for a vw lease with buy back at the end or are you going to cut the roof off. They offer good rates on this and dropped my payments by £60 per month. Ask about the buy back conditions as you will need to pay through a third party .

You can get some very competitive rates for personal loans. Theres a lot of main stream banks offering less than 4%. Most have loan calculator, so you can work out exactly what you will be paying.

Reactions: HHO
Given that you can often get fantastic offers on service plans when you take out finance through the dealership, you may be better off doing so even if you intend to pay in cash or with a loan from elsewhere...

I almost used Tony Howe at Supercar Finance (tony@supercarfinance.co.uk) for the Caravelle as the service and deals were fantastic.

Example of his offer for a £40k loan:

Balance : £40,000
Period : 4 Years
Repayable by:- 48 Monthly Repayments of £625.70
Followed by One Final Payment of £17,650
APR – 6.4%

Good luck :)

Back