Hilo Roof install process

Don't think you will get a response from Hilo here as they have been avoiding the forum.

Nothing like that.. they just don't seem to be bothered to monitor their potential customers or answer their questions on here.. the biggest T6 forum on the planet!.

Oh I see, I seem to remember somebody recently having an issue with their HiLo, I thought it was you, maybe @Deaky ?

My local installer has stopped fitting HiLo roofs, he was a bit cagey as to why, I got as far as an install date and then he changed his mind so I've had to go a little further afield.

@HiLo Roofs hey guys, any news or updates on the product range? Any T6 Forum member discounts etc? I'm aware there are some changes to the lock down method, but not sure if my roof will have them or not.

Hi DaveyB, How are you getting on with your HiLo roof? has it been sorted now? Could you recommend a fitter somewhere near to Kidlington within 60 ish mile radius maybe? I have a shuttle so would need someone who has experience with the rear ducting, Cheers.

Hi DaveyB, How are you getting on with your HiLo roof? has it been sorted now? Could you recommend a fitter somewhere near to Kidlington within 60 ish mile radius maybe? I have a shuttle so would need someone who has experience with the rear ducting, Cheers.
Hi @Adrian M, no not sorted yet, it goes into Hilo’s main factory mid August, which is the first time that I can be without the van for a week or so. As to fitters within 60 miles, it’s a tad limited.
Personally I wouldn’t use VanDoc again. He’s a nice bloke but my roof has been back 4 times and it still creaks, so have now insisted that Hilo rectify that and the holes rubbed in the canvas due to friction.
Take a look at Hilo’s website as that shows their fitters on a map. There are a couple around Swindon, one in Cambridge and one near Kettering. Best thing to then do is post up their names on here and see if anyone else has been to them and would recommend. Then it is the leg work bit and go and visit. Asking direct questions about the vents in the shuttle should help you identify those that have done it before versus those that talk a good game. @VDubnewby666 is based in Bicester and has just had a Hilo fitted by VisionTech in Essex. His is a Caravelle so had the roof vents, be worth talking to him and seeing if you can meet up to look at how they dealt with them.

Thank you, I don't mind travelling a bit further, just wondered to start with if anyone could recommend someone fairly local purely for ease of visiting. I'm actualy going to visit Big V campers at Swindon tomorrow afternoon to get their view and see what they say.
Thank you for the recommendation of Vision Tech and @VDubnewby666, I'll follow that up.
Hope you get yours back as good as new, Cheers.

Be well worth bearing in mind a little birdy told me yesterday, that Hilo only have 6 authorised fitters remaining, so if this is the case their map of installers on their website is grossly out of date. Perhaps an email to them seeking confirmation may assist.

Hi guys I just wanted to ask you what you thought of these roofs please
I having a conversion done soon and it’s been suggested to have a Hilo roof
Any thoughts on these roofs is appreciate md

Who’s fitting the roof and can they put you in touch with 3 or 4 customers who should be able to vouch for them?

Mine was fitted 2 years ago by Old Harry Camper Co who have sadly ceased trading, but the install is great and the roof has been flawless and we use it a lot.

38007-A2-D-B65-C-4-FC8-BBA3-D3-FD5919-AA34.jpg

Hi

I’m hoping for some feedback on pop top roofs.
We are about to sell our beloved T5 camper and take the exciting journey of converting our T6. We currently have the SCA194 pop top which is good, however, we really like the look of the Hilo roof as it’s so unnoticeable.
What’s peoples opinions of the Hilo roof.

Hi

I’m hoping for some feedback on pop top roofs.
We are about to sell our beloved T5 camper and take the exciting journey of converting our T6. We currently have the SCA194 pop top which is good, however, we really like the look of the Hilo roof as it’s so unnoticeable.
What’s peoples opinions of the Hilo roof.
Search and you shall find.

I love the stealth look, plenty of space but you’ve got to make sure it’s fitted by the correct person otherwise you’re in for a whole lot of trouble

Back