Hill Hold

Cylinderhead

VCDS User
VIP Member
Hill hold.
Has anyone adjusted the torqure required to release the brakes before the hil hold times out (which i believe is 2 seconds). I find that the factory setting needed me to apply a lot of torqure in to the drivetrain before it releases the brakes. There are 3 options, Low/Mid/High, factory setting being Mid.

Hill hold.
Has anyone adjusted the torqure required to release the brakes before the hil hold times out (which i believe is 2 seconds). I find that the factory setting needed me to apply a lot of torqure in to the drivetrain before it releases the brakes. There are 3 options, Low/Mid/High, factory setting being Mid.

Shouldn't it just release when you move forward? My T6 is DSG, bit my old Vivaro had hill assist, and it just let go as you drove forward.

Shouldn't it just release when you move forward? My T6 is DSG, bit my old Vivaro had hill assist, and it just let go as you drove forward.
It does release but i need to put a lot of load into the transmission to get it to release. my van is manual and needs alot up clutch slip to disengage the hold.

It does release but i need to put a lot of load into the transmission to get it to release. my van is manual and needs alot up clutch slip to disengage the hold.

That doesn't sound right to me, but it's hard to say as mines not manual. Someone else should comment shortly that might be in a better position to answer.

Hill hold is simply a slow release of the brake pressure to give you time to move from the brake to the accelerator. You don’t need to force against it just wait a tiny bit and the pressure will be released.

Back