How do VW decide where and which badges to fit?

NIKGRIFF

Carpenter
T6 Pro
I've noticed some with badges on the tailgate and some without??
Mine hasn't got one...
I'm presuming they are fitted by the dealer, as some don't look level!! Ha ha

Any one now the facts regarding badging up the van??

Don't know the answer on that one sorry but mine didn't come with it either and tbh if had I would have just removed it. I am currently toying with the idea of completely de badging it.

Got me thinking now, not sure if I want one or not???

I'll ask about it when it goes in for the internal tailgate button, and I'll also enquire why the wheel nuts haven't got nut covers on my sportlines !

Seems to be a bit hit and miss with these badges - whether or not you actually get one. Then if you do, whether or not they stick it on straight ! Seems to be a glut of them on eBay.

Dealer Demo van had a Highline badge, mine was in the glovebox like others have said when I viewed the van at dealers after it arrived. Mentioned it to salesman and it had been fitted (straight!) when I collected the van.

Just looked at the pictures the dealer sent me..... Highline badg not fitted.

I do think a lot of VW vans are totally over badged.
TDI, Highline/Sportline, T28/30/32, etc all squeezed into a small space.
We've got California on the left, TDI on the right with a small 4motion below it - just about okay.

Yes, I keep toying with the idea of removing the highline bit. At least it is straight, but its tucked right under the TRANSPORTER badge and makes the back look far too busy, what with the T32 TDI and BlueMotion stuff on the other side. That said, quite like the fact it denotes the "Poshness" of the van as never had a new one before so have been reluctant to take it off.....hmm what to do!

Just wondering if anyone was thinking of messing around with badges to confuse other T5/T6 owners, e.g. California or Caravelle badge on a Kombi?

I've noticed there also seems to be confusion where to stick the highline badge - if even you get one at all - dealers are sticking them all over the place if you look at VWCV Used search. It's quite a big badge to find a home for.

Back