A question of taste...

Bav

Explore, discover, enjoy, repeat...
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I appreciate this is a matter of personal taste, but I'm looking for opinions on what I should do regarding my chosen external accent colour.

I have a Pure Grey LWB T6.1 kombi currently in for a full camper conversion. The pop-top canvas will be bright orange, the internal accent colour will be Renault Valencia Orange and the external plastics will be painted gloss black. The question is, where should I have this Valencia Orange accent applied on the front of the van?

The options I have in mind are all, one or some of the following:
  • The ridge that runs horizontally through the middle of the 'dog-bones'
  • The back-plate of the front VW badge
  • The tash on the front grill that runs level with the bottom edge of the headlights
  • The tash on the front grill that runs just below the bottom edge of the headlights
I'm looking for a 'less is more' look, but don't want it so 'less' that the accent colour looks lost. Anyone got any thoughts?

Also, if I were to get the brake callipers painted, am I limited on colour choices due to needing to use a special type of paint or could I simply specify the same Valencia Orange?

All [civil] comments welcome. ;)

The calipers are straightforward - not limited on colours but you’d have to get a paint factors to knock it up for you.

The rest is a matter of personal preference

Reactions: Bav
Go for the long chrome under the VW badge but GTI style - very subtle then. We go the mirror bodies see. See below. View attachment 190603View attachment 190604
Thanks Oli.

I take it "GTI style" refers to just having the accent on the leading edge of the tash? That's very subtle and I like that a lot.:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
I hadn't considered the door mirrors tbh, as wasn't keen on having either the whole cap or the whole base painted, but again, your design is very subtle.

Thanks Oli.

I take it "GTI style" refers to just having the accent on the leading edge of the tash? That's very subtle and I like that a lot.:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
I hadn't considered the door mirrors tbh, as wasn't keen on having either the whole cap or the whole base painted, but again, your design is very subtle.
That’s correct. Less is always more :cool:

I appreciate this is a matter of personal taste, but I'm looking for opinions on what I should do regarding my chosen external accent colour.

I have a Pure Grey LWB T6.1 kombi currently in for a full camper conversion. The pop-top canvas will be bright orange, the internal accent colour will be Renault Valencia Orange and the external plastics will be painted gloss black. The question is, where should I have this Valencia Orange accent applied on the front of the van?

The options I have in mind are all, one or some of the following:
  • The ridge that runs horizontally through the middle of the 'dog-bones'
  • The back-plate of the front VW badge
  • The tash on the front grill that runs level with the bottom edge of the headlights
  • The tash on the front grill that runs just below the bottom edge of the headlights
I'm looking for a 'less is more' look, but don't want it so 'less' that the accent colour looks lost. Anyone got any thoughts?

Also, if I were to get the brake callipers painted, am I limited on colour choices due to needing to use a special type of paint or could I simply specify the same Valencia Orange?

All [civil] comments welcome. ;)
Personally I think Valencia Orange would be really sweet on "The tash on the front grill that runs just below the bottom edge of the headlights" - but as you said it is very much personal preference, if you are anything like me I will change my mind multiple times when mulling changes over ;)

Personally I think Valencia Orange would be really sweet on "The tash on the front grill that runs just below the bottom edge of the headlights" - but as you said it is very much personal preference, if you are anything like me I will change my mind multiple times when mulling changes over ;)
Haha! Yes, very much changing my mind as I consider what to do. Am just hoping to not change my mind after I've had it done (whatever "it" ends up being)!!!

Haha! Yes, very much changing my mind as I consider what to do. Am just hoping to not change my mind after I've had it done (whatever "it" ends up being)!!!
Plenty of Double Expresso's while pondering "the question" in the Van and whatever you decide will be the correct choice - at least for that actual reality, at the end of the day if you really dont like it you can always change it :)

If you do go for accents coloured like @mjn and you are considering doing the badge too, I prefer the VW itself to be done in the accent colour, with the backing remaining black.

Personal preference of course!

Back