Higher Mileage, Newer Van: Cost/benefit?

Which would you choose?

• Total voters

paradigm

VIP Member
T6 Pro
A subjective question really but I am torn between 3 Kombis:

'19 Plate, 15 miles Highline DSG, fairly basic (reverse camera and folding mirrors)
'17 Plate, 30k miles Highline DSG, Electric twin sliders but otherwise fairly basic

About £3k difference with the '19 plate being the dearer of the two.

Noting a 3 year warranty vs 11 months warranty what, personally would you go for and why?

I just need a gentle nudge in one direction at the moment :) Thanks

Electric sliders are awesome until they go wrong
Coming from someone who had ongoing issues with their DSG box resulting in it eventually getting replaced i like the sound of 3 years of warranty
I'm definitely leaning towards this option tbh.
Didn't realise elec sliders had such a reputation, will do a search

Not a huge reputation and not catastrophic failure (which would prob be easier to diagnose/fix) but the dreaded bounce when the door closes 99% of the way then opens itself again because something is out of alignment or it thinks a small child is wedged in there

Having voted 17 due to it having lost its biggest chunk of value so you can re invest that into mods, then read the rest, this is a question of whether you can deal with twin sliders and what you're gonna do with the van... For a taxi, twin sliders, electric too, would be awesome! :eek:

Having voted 17 due to it having lost its biggest chunk of value so you can re invest that into mods, then read the rest, this is a question of whether you can deal with twin sliders and what you're gonna do with the van... For a taxi, twin sliders, electric too, would be awesome! :eek:

It’s that buzzing risk though of not having an (almost) full warranty.
The devil on my shoulder is saying there’s still a bit of warranty on the 17 plate and I could always get any niggles ironed out if I’m quick

Third option wait 3 weeks and have a 69 plate.
Go on get it spent:whistle:

If there's 'only' £3k in it, that either makes the 19 cheap, or the 17 very expensive. Personally I'd go for the newer van as it will pay you back when you come to sell it.

Warranty is over rated. If it's a serious problem they'll sort it whatever as they don't want to be sued...

I’ve got a reversing camera and folding mirrors on my T6 .... and heated seats ... the icing on the cake

Fingers crossed the 19 plate won’t have the awful moll battery

Back