High mileage servicing

Johnod17

VIP Member
T6 Guru
My T6 4 Motion 2017 DSG 204 has just come up with service ,it is at 99k and has had cam belt etc .
What is changed at this interval as VW say oil,filter, air filter,fuel filter and pollen filter.
Just been quoted £407 ?
Is there any other things/checks they need to be doing?
Thanks
John

Haldex oil is every 40k so make sure it’s been done. Wasn’t sure with mine so I got it done at last service to be on the safe side.
I’ve found an local Indy for my next service, won’t be going to VW now I’m out of warranty.
Like you, 2017 4Mo 204 but manual. Now on 121k

Haldex oil is every 40k so make sure it’s been done. Wasn’t sure with mine so I got it done at last service to be on the safe side.
I’ve found an local Indy for my next service, won’t be going to VW now I’m out of warranty.
Like you, 2017 4Mo 204 but manual. Now on 121k
Thanks
I know it has been done one time but will get this done.
I wish there was a complete list of what they do on the services ,I know there is a list on the technical on the download section but it covers so may different setups.
Thanks for the response.

The Indy I’ve found were able to log in to my VW service record on the computer and read everything that it’s had and they were really knowledgeable. I’ve not used them yet (my next door neighbour recommended the to me) but it’s easy to discuss and plan when you’re talking to the guy that’s doing the work as opposed to a receptionist in what’s essentially a coffee shop full of vans.

Worth looking at this if using VW dealer. 2 services & MOT currently £624 or pay monthly.
My local Autobarn charges much the same, and I was fortunate to buy the VW plans when on black-friday type offers.

@Bigsidavies , Could a I ask, is the service info stored on the van's ECU or in the dealer network. If it's the former I'd be happy as my van has missing service stamps.

I’m pretty sure it’s on the dealer network.
He had access to the list of jobs done like looking at the service invoice.

I sometimes find cheaper the main Delmar than Indies.
200 quid for the interim not bad, 400 full service overpriced , 458 for cambelt cheaper than Indies.
However if the main dealer is reputable I find is worth taking the car there. Sometimes I had work done and not charged for (warranty job and car 6 years old…).

Back