High Beam Assist - HBA

Does it work that we'll that it doesn't blind anybody and always comes on when needed?

I have it too, when I first tested it I was worried in case I blinded some poor bugger but it's been great. As I've been thinking of knocked of high beam I notice that its already done it. Only one time it seemed confused as I approached a reflective sign that almost dazzled me. It switched them off, but as soon as we passed the sign it was back to main beam. It does explain that in the manual.

This is great to hear. Have you all got the led lights? Are the main and dipped beam as good as they say

This is great to hear. Have you all got the led lights? Are the main and dipped beam as good as they say

Yes, very good the front LEDs dipped have a very flat, wide and bright spread. Ideal for us finding campsites in the middle of the night. Main beam just seems to top up the light on top of the already wide beam. Expensive but I plan on using the California in all weathers, light and dark.

I must confess we went a bit mad with options, added 24 I think. We were considering 25 and 26 but I was told that it was in build. ;-)

Is it possible to activate HBA activation speed also on halogen headlight or is it for LED only?
I've got Light Assist from factory with H4's

Can anyone tell if it is possible to lower Light Assist activation speed for halogen lights or is it for LED only?

I've got Light Assist with halogens from factory, but could not find a place to change it with VCDS

HBA is a factory option. if you have it you will see the light symbol appear with a A in the center when it selected on the dash. To activate when you are driving you need to push the stalk away from you.

I can't see any reason why you can't lower it, the system won't know what lights are fitted just when to turn them on or off.

It can be changed in the adaptations list, I think its listed as 'speed threshold'

You can adjust the speed that it activates at in VCDs as @mark says. I have lowered mine as it is set at 30mph from the factory.

Yes, I have it, but it should be possible to change the speed when the system changes from low beam to high beam. I've read it from forum, but now I did not fidn the place where I can change the low-high switching speed with VCDS.

You also need to hit 38 mph and then then main beam comes on ,if there are street lights or any light around they won't switch on
I've set the speed to 5kph, (vcds) way better now.

I dont have my VCDs with me at the moment and i cant recall were it is in the menu sorry. There is a VCDs guide in the downloads section but you may to be a VIP member to take a look.

As above its in the adaptions menu not in the long coding menu where most changes are made

Back