High Beam Assist - HBA

MartyMoose

VIP Member
T6 Pro
How do I know if my van has high beam assist? I've got the auto-dimming mirror and it looks like it's got the camera and sensors etc. but I've yet to see high beam assist working when lights are on auto. As it's an option I'm wondering if it's not actually configured. Anyone know if this can be done with vcds or is it a module that VW have to download?

This function has its own control module and is a cost option when ordering so if it wasnt specced it wont be there

Auto wipers and auto headlights are standard on the highline.
High beam assist was an option. I thought I specced it but I couldn't get it working and it turns out I forgot to add it.

I have it on mine, you just push the stalk away from you and leave it there and they do the rest .

You also need to hit 38 mph and then then main beam comes on ,if there are street lights or any light around they won't switch on

I could do with finding someone with the vcds and doing some tweeks to mine ,agree on the high beam assistance needing changing .

check the map out mate , i think there are a couple of guys your way that will help you im sure

There's a few toys i wish i'd ordered, but didnt. Does anyone know if its possible to add this retrospectively, to a Highline ( with led h/lights) ?

I love high beam assist. It's quicker than my reactions anyway. I'll have to plug in VCDS and have a play. Carlg you're probably not near me but your welcome to bring your van over for VCDS ing

Can't seem to turn my high beam assist on ,highline t6 kombi 1 month old any ideas

Can't seem to turn my high beam assist on ,highline t6 kombi 1 month old any ideas
Hi Rick, if you have it fitted, all it takes is a push forward of the left stalk. It goes into high beam assist mode rather than just turning the main beam on.

Back