Hi to all

Thanks for the brilliant advice Chris, I now have lots of searching and lots to consider. I do like the idea of buying one and modding it myself but I can be so impatient at times ha ha. I will keep you all posted on my progress.
Will probs have more questions too lmao
:rofl: It was my own impatience that left me a few thousand out of pocket when I didn’t need to be!
Looking back, I wish I had joined this forum before I bought my van, not bought my van first and then joined this forum!

:rofl: It was my own impatience that left me a few thousand out of pocket when I didn’t need to be!
Looking back, I wish I had joined this forum before I bought my van, not bought my van first and then joined this forum!
Well at least I've done one thing right ha ha. Will need to scour the internet now to see if I can find a suitable base van.

@ChrisR ....umm...got the right van but I’m still spending thousands...just don’t tell the wife :inlove::inlove::inlove:
Ha ha mums the word so can I assume my agenda would be find a 6 seater kombi at a good price, ditch the back seats, soundproof/insulate the back, fit lighting, cabinets, RnR bed. Then any external mods I feel like.....this is gonna cost me ha ha

Ha ha mums the word so can I assume my agenda would be find a 6 seater kombi at a good price, ditch the back seats, soundproof/insulate the back, fit lighting, cabinets, RnR bed. Then any external mods I feel like.....this is gonna cost me ha ha
That's one option, but it depends what you want from your cabinets. If you want to use it as a day van for occasional sleeping, how much cabinetry to you need? A slide pod could be a good option for you. There a few £k, but I would argue probably cheaper than cabinets and a the RnR bed. I'm not affiliated with slide pods in any way by the way, I just think they look like a great product! It would be the route I take if I wanted to use mine as a day van. One thing I like is that they're easily removable, so when if you ever want to use the van as a van it's easy to do so.

That's one option, but it depends what you want from your cabinets. If you want to use it as a day van for occasional sleeping, how much cabinetry to you need? A slide pod could be a good option for you. There a few £k, but I would argue probably cheaper than cabinets and a the RnR bed. I'm not affiliated with slide pods in any way by the way, I just think they look like a great product! It would be the route I take if I wanted to use mine as a day van. One thing I like is that they're easily removable, so when if you ever want to use the van as a van it's easy to do so.
Cool, i'll have a look on their website. Thanks

Back