Hi to all

StormUk

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi, as I'm sure you've guessed I'm new to the forum. I am looking at buying a T6 sportline and have questions so was hoping this may be the best place to ask. First question I need to get out the way, will a swb sportline fit in my garage? It has an up and over door but thought if I reverse it in that may not be much of an issue.

Thx

Storm

Welcome on board @StormUk . Well, if there is 2m clearance when the garage door is opened, then yes, you can assume that a standard T6 will fit. However, there are other factors such as larger wheels etc which may have a small impact on the overall height needs.

Hi, as I'm sure you've guessed I'm new to the forum. I am looking at buying a T6 sportline and have questions so was hoping this may be the best place to ask. First question I need to get out the way, will a swb sportline fit in my garage? It has an up and over door but thought if I reverse it in that may not be much of an issue.

Thx

Storm
Hi @StormUk ...if it’s a new sportline it should have 30mm lowered springs ..( assuming it’s standard ) so no problems with hight ..still a tight fit at sides ( with wing mirrors folded in )...but if it’s a used vehicle it may have roof bars and side bars ...the roof bars may be an issue...
Also if there is a slope to the garage this also could be an issue......could you test drive it in ( if it’s a deal breaker) so your happy :)

Its a 2017 highline model the one I'm looking at. Seems about standard height i think. May have to go borrow one from somewhere to try ha ha

Its a 2017 highline model the one I'm looking at. Seems about standard height i think. May have to go borrow one from somewhere to try ha ha
Your first post said sportline...but highline on 17” wheels ....there all very similar :rolleyes:

Your first post said sportline...but highline on 17” wheels ....there all very similar :rolleyes:
Yeah, sorry that was me getting confused about the models. I'm still not sure what the difference is between the sportline amd highline, I'm pretty sure they almost look identical but I'm sure theres lots of differences I will learn

Yeah, sorry that was me getting confused about the models. I'm still not sure what the difference is between the sportline amd highline, I'm pretty sure they almost look identical but I'm sure theres lots of differences I will learn
Highline are spec’d quite well...but if it’s got factory Led lights even better...but with life it’s how deep ur pockets are...spend well :thumbsup:

Highline are spec’d quite well...but if it’s got factory Led lights even better...but with life it’s how deep ur pockets are...spend well :thumbsup:
I've been looking at the difference in specs and tbh the highline looks decent. I've found one I like at Storm Commercials in Barnsley (anyone dealt with them?) 67plate highline swb with 3 seats up front and a full width RnR bed in the back £23k+vat. Think this seems ok value? Confused.com valuation seemed to think it was massively over priced. Thanks

I've been looking at the difference in specs and tbh the highline looks decent. I've found one I like at Storm Commercials in Barnsley (anyone dealt with them?) 67plate highline swb with 3 seats up front and a full width RnR bed in the back £23k+vat. Think this seems ok value? Confused.com valuation seemed to think it was massively over priced. Thanks
It’s hard to say if that’s good value without knowing the full specs. There are some features that will increase price. Electric sliding doors/electric tailgate. Which engine and is it DSG. Comfort dash. LED headlights. These are just a few. Have you got a link for the ad? That way we can see the full spec and advise you better.

It’s hard to say if that’s good value without knowing the full specs. There are some features that will increase price. Electric sliding doors/electric tailgate. Which engine and is it DSG. Comfort dash. LED headlights. These are just a few. Have you got a link for the ad? That way we can see the full spec and advise you better.

There you go and thanks this is a great help

@StormUk ..thats a ready made package...with that your paying for the fancy bits....just looked on Vw Liverpool van center and for similar money you can get a better base van and you can put your choice of extra’s on ..when ready to do so..
just a thought you can make big mistakes and then wish that you had that or had this...look at engine sizes if you wish to travel long distances and good lights as well as will barn doors be ok or is a tailgate better...better to look how the van will work for you

That’s a fairly basic spec for a high line van, not much in the way of factory options, but then it’s had a fair bit of aftermarket work.

The ABT front end, gloss black plastics, wheels, coil overs (but which ones?), leather seats, lined interior and bed all add value if that’s what you’re after. No mention of sound deadening or insulation under the carpet though so I would ask about that.

Low mileage, but no mention of service history?

Is it going to be your daily drive or used occasionally? If it’s a daily drive and you’ll drive it in the dark you’ll want to replace the headlights, the standard units are terrible.

Personally I wouldn’t pay that price +VAT though. That would be my max all in price, and then I think it’s at the upper end of the scale.

If you want a van with an ABT front end, the bed and all the other after market options this one has then maybe make an offer? It’s all about if that specific van matches your specific requirements.

You could buy a better spec base van for less and do exactly the mods you want to it and get the perfect van for you for maybe less money, but this one might be perfect for you, only you really know that.

One last thing, it says it’s had a remap, but by who? A bad remap is worse than no remap.

@StormUk ..thats a ready made package...with that your paying for the fancy bits....just looked on Vw Liverpool van center and for similar money you can get a better base van and you can put your choice of extra’s on ..when ready to do so..
just a thought you can make big mistakes and then wish that you had that or had this...look at engine sizes if you wish to travel long distances and good lights as well as will barn doors be ok or is a tailgate better...better to look how the van will work for you
So with the VW centre you were looking at, are you suggesting a new van? TBH the van I was looking at was only good due to colour, twin seat in the front. The rest I'm pretty easy with

So with the VW centre you were looking at, are you suggesting a new van? TBH the van I was looking at was only good due to colour, twin seat in the front. The rest I'm pretty easy with
Then it’s not the van for you, see my last post. If you’re buying a modified van then the mods need to be exactly what you want. Otherwise you’re paying extra for things that you don’t want.

Do you need seats/bed in the back? What are you going to be using the van for?

That’s a fairly basic spec for a high line van, not much in the way of factory options, but then it’s had a fair bit of aftermarket work.

The ABT front end, gloss black plastics, wheels, coil overs (but which ones?), leather seats, lined interior and bed all add value if that’s what you’re after. No mention of sound deadening or insulation under the carpet though so I would ask about that.

Low mileage, but no mention of service history?

Is it going to be your daily drive or used occasionally? If it’s a daily drive and you’ll drive it in the dark you’ll want to replace the headlights, the standard units are terrible.

Personally I wouldn’t pay that price +VAT though. That would be my max all in price, and then I think it’s at the upper end of the scale.

If you want a van with an ABT front end, the bed and all the other after market options this one has then maybe make an offer? It’s all about if that specific van matches your specific requirements.

You could buy a better spec base van for less and do exactly the mods you want to it and get the perfect van for you for maybe less money, but this one might be perfect for you, only you really know that.

One last thing, it says it’s had a remap, but by who? A bad remap is worse than no remap.
Thanks Chris. It will be my main drive however I only do around 4k per year, we also have the wifes car. I am basically wanting a white day van, twin seat in the front, RnR bed so if we decide to stay over sometime we have the option, maybe with some internal cabinets. I am quite willing to do some of the work myself.

Thanks Chris. It will be my main drive however I only do around 4k per year, we also have the wifes car. I am basically wanting a white day van, twin seat in the front, RnR bed so if we decide to stay over sometime we have the option, maybe with some internal cabinets. I am quite willing to do some of the work myself.
So it does tick plenty of boxes for you then. If you like the ABT front then this could be worth an offer from you.

Another option is buy a Kombi van, mod it to exactly your spec, then add sound deadening, insulation and carpet with a slidepod bed. These are removable pods that sit behind the rear seats, offer storage space and convert to a double bed. Some have sink/hob etc. Worth a look on the slide pods website.

Spend some time thinking about it or you could end up paying more than you need to for the wrong van. I bought my van already modified, but have since realised that I could have done the interior work myself for much less money. I’ve changed the suspension and wheels from what were on there too, so I’ve effectively paid twice for those things to end up with what I could’ve had for much less if I had bought an unmodified van and done the work myself.

No...used vans only....nearly all will say get the best base van ( one that’s not fully mod’d ) and put your own stamp on it...you can trawl through the whole vw network or autotrader...but remember to haggle :)

So it does tick plenty of boxes for you then. If you like the ABT front then this could be worth an offer from you.

Another option is buy a Kombi van, mod it to exactly your spec, then add sound deadening, insulation and carpet with a slidepod bed. These are removable pods that sit behind the rear seats, offer storage space and convert to a double bed. Some have sink/hob etc. Worth a look on the slide pods website.

Spend some time thinking about it or you could end up paying more than you need to for the wrong van. I bought my van already modified, but have since realised that I could have done the interior work myself for much less money. I’ve changed the suspension and wheels from what were on there too, so I’ve effectively paid twice for those things to end up with what I could’ve had for much less if I had bought an unmodified van and done the work myself.
Thanks for the brilliant advice Chris, I now have lots of searching and lots to consider. I do like the idea of buying one and modding it myself but I can be so impatient at times ha ha. I will keep you all posted on my progress.
Will probs have more questions too lmao

No...used vans only....nearly all will say get the best base van ( one that’s not fully mod’d ) and put your own stamp on it...you can trawl through the whole vw network or autotrader...but remember to haggle :)
Thanks will start looking now

Back