Hi - T5.1 owner debating going all out on a T6 kombi...

Right, about to place my order, sticking to my 4 motion 204 with similar options but going panel van. Does anyone have/know what these are:

• Instead of standard tray; console on dashboard with 1-DIN slot and positions for additional switches
    • Panel on dashboard with 1-DIN standard slot for comfort package and omission of socket in front
On my 2010 T5 I was able to activate the ABS tyre pressure monitoring light via VCDS and reset it on my laptop.

It is seems on these it is a £60 option, which gives the button on the dash - assuming I can just activate it again and do via the multi function display?

TPMS can be activated with VCDS, if you are ordering a highline with MFSW this will activate an additional menu that can be controlled with wheel buttons

so yeah a £60 and non essential plastic button!

Any idea on the other panels?

Not 100% sure but i think it replaces the top tray on dash with a panel you can mount buttons in, ideal for contractors/emergency services/taxis and the like for mounting aftermarket kit

Have seen pictures of this top dash variant im thinking off but damned if i can find them now, someone on the forum has it so hopefully others will enlighten us

Found a pic of the top one on a cali forum, seems an extra tray on top to put a radio, if you were a taxi firm maybe - guessing the 2nd one is perhaps as u necessary.

So I finally have put down my deposit. Went with pretty much the original spec stated in Blackberry and a panel van, so had to loose the comfort dash (may modify myself in time). Stuck with the tailgate and added the diff-lock back to my order (Non essential perhaps but may be glad of it) as may go on some off-road camping expeditions if I get air suspension fitted... Build thread to follow in 16+ weeks!

So I finally have put down my deposit. Went with pretty much the original spec stated in Blackberry and a panel van, so had to loose the comfort dash (may modify myself in time). Stuck with the tailgate and added the diff-lock back to my order (Non essential perhaps but may be glad of it) as may go on some off-road camping expeditions if I get air suspension fitted... Build thread to follow in 16+ weeks!

Have you added the body builders vehicle interface module? This its needed for a pucker air install.

Went well of the beaten track last Friday, and it coped really well but I needed the dif lock at the last bit to get out the field.

@amdowney , congrats, just got to wait for her to be born, now to start equipping the playpen with goodies for the new arrival :thumbsup::D

Have you added the body builders vehicle interface module? This its needed for a pucker air install.

Went well of the beaten track last Friday, and it coped really well but I needed the dif lock at the last bit to get out the field.
No???

But have just emailed to see if I can add: Electrical interface for external use (terminal block in driver´s seat)?

Surely an air install can work fine as a stand alone system? How does it tie in and be of benefit?

I recall that there is a firm who's system has a letter of no objection from VW the keeps warenty intact but it needs the CAN interface.

Is it @Walski thats on air?

What system you looking at?

Not 100% yet, what part of warranty would be effected? People put coilovers on new vans, how any different?

@amdowney , think it might be down to the adaptive system for the suspension, can't remember what it is called though, or to do with the adaptive cruise.

It's the VB air system that has the CNO, and simply means that VW will not warranty the air Suspension itself but has no objection and will not compromise warranty on other parts connected to it.

We looked into it as we do go overlanding in our vehicles but the cost was about 4K

OK well I have just added the Terminal Strip under drivers seat (£48) as guessing this might come in handy having:

Speed signal, left and right turn signals - -the body control module is CAN bus and a good few hundred more. Hoping I won't need that.

It is an air-lift system from the states I am looking at. Intermotiv are working on a new kit with underslung tank for the T5/T6

Not 100% yet, what part of warranty would be effected? People put coilovers on new vans, how any different?

Coilovers will affect the warranty.
If you go into your local VW dealer with a suspension issue after fitting coilovers, I can't see VW agreeing to fix the problem.

Oh well - if I'm replacing the whole suspension with something else anyway it won't be their parts ro cover will it!

Now need to decide what wheel to line up, think black looks really good on blackberry...

I want 4x4 too. Not that I need it but I want it. Won't be doing any off roading but just fancy it for the pulling away grip and the cornering.

So - have been chasing the broker to get a confirmed ETA for some time and today opened a letter stating my order has been cancelled!!!!

Apparently due to another seller putting the discounted vans on a forecourt.

Not sure where to go from here.... :-(

So - have been chasing the broker to get a confirmed ETA for some time and today opened a letter stating my order has been cancelled!!!!

Apparently due to another seller putting the discounted vans on a forecourt.

Not sure where to go from here.... :-(

Oh no, sorry to hear this! Its not the first time its happened and I'm sure it won't be the last either :thumbsdown:

Back