Help with Xtrons wiring

Brindle

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Sorry if this is basic stuff but I want to be sure. Planning to install an Xtrons flip down monitor at the weekend. There are 5 power related wires coming out of it but I’m confused as to why there are 2 fused wires also whether both door control wires need to be connected etc?

Can anyone give me a real simple “in fused yellow is x, red it Y, white is z” etc guidance?

Thanks in advance

7CBDA894-6CDA-4BC7-85A6-3E85867442A4.jpeg

Usually yellow is permanently live and red is switched live.

GND connects to earth
B+ connects to permanent +12v (your starter battery or leisure battery depending on your setup}
ACC should be either connected to your ignition live if using your starter battery or a switched +12v if using a leisure battery
DOOR- connects to the brown/red wire in your courtesy light circuit
DOOR+ connects to the red/black wire in your courtesy light circuit

If you don't want to use the courtesy light on the unit then don't bother connecting the DOOR wires.

Usually yellow is permanently live and red is switched live.

GND connects to earth
B+ connects to permanent +12v (your starter battery or leisure battery depending on your setup}
ACC should be either connected to your ignition live if using your starter battery or a switched +12v if using a leisure battery
DOOR- connects to the brown/red wire in your courtesy light circuit
DOOR+ connects to the red/black wire in your courtesy light circuit

If you don't want to use the courtesy light on the unit then don't bother connecting the DOOR wires.

Deaky, you are my hero!! Fantastic, exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks for your help!

Deaky, you are my hero!! Fantastic, exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks for your help!
Just came across this post. Could save me alot of headache at the weeknd. Im going to wire the same. Just wondering did u wire to the courtesy light in the end and did you have to connect both wires. Thanks.

Just came across this post. Could save me alot of headache at the weeknd. Im going to wire the same. Just wondering did u wire to the courtesy light in the end and did you have to connect both wires. Thanks.
Hi, yes undid wore it but it doesn’t work on the door switch as you would expect. I ordered 2 in the end (still have one in a box) and they actually came with different wiring . . . !

Bit late to this thread but I’m fitting an Xtrons unit to my T6 and I have a switched 12v feed coming from my measure battery (so I can fully disconnect it and won’t drain battery). Should connect both the B+ and ACC to the same switched input?

Or does the B+ feed have to be permanently connected to the unit ? I wasn’t sure but when testing it the lights come on when it is and didn’t want to lights always on in the back of the van :)

(Not planning to connect the door wires).

I had an Xtrons in my old van. If you pulled the B+ wire it would go through a complete reboot, and maybe forget the DAB app. Not something you want to do every journey. Leave it permanently connected.

I had an Xtrons in my old van. If you pulled the B+ wire it would go through a complete reboot, and maybe forget the DAB app. Not something you want to do every journey. Leave it permanently connected.
Thats what I was concerned about, thanks ill wire B+ to the leisure battery directly and Switch the ACC+ ..

Back