Help with noise.

matt_r

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I have a 2019 shuttle lwb 150 dsg, it has 13000miles and has coilovers fitted.
Over the last month or so it's developed a noise that sounds like a deeper impact wrench noise or possible tyre rubbing, it happens when the engine is cold, within a mile of setting off, at slow speeds under 15-20mph. The noise happens for a split second, it only does it the once and can happen in a straight line, corners, anytime really.
Has anyone got any ideas?

Last edited:
Can you record it, and stick it on YouTube with a link ?

Pete

Start of dual mass flywheel issue? There are some video's on youtube showing this

If this is the possible cause would it be doing it more than just the once and for only a split second?
The videos I've just viewed on YouTube the noise seems to be more constant..
Would this be covered under warranty if this is the issue?

From your description, I doubt it is the DMF, but a recording would definitely help.

Pete

From your description, I doubt it is the DMF, but a recording would definitely help.

Pete

Cheers Pete, I will do my best but I'm not sure if I will pick it up, as its only when driving sometimes in 10 - 20 seconds from setting off and others 2 - 3 minutes.
Matt

more info needed i think.

or a second opinion with a test drive.

do you think its suspension linked?

engine linked?

ARB/Droplink?

coilover srping seating?

Suspension Spring moving in cup?

tyres linked?

more info needed i think.

or a second opinion with a test drive.

do you think its suspension linked?

engine linked?

ARB/Droplink?

coilover srping seating?

Suspension Spring moving in cup?

tyres linked?

I'm not great mechanically so I'm not sure, it happens so quickly but it sounds more from the front. If it was any of the above suspension related issues would it happen more often than just the once when cold?
It didn't actually make the noise this morning.

I have the same issue on mine vw T6 2016.

It happens almost everyday when I leaving my house in the morning when the car been standing for the night.

Feels like my sound coming from the left front. Almost as something is stuck and releasing, after it’s totally fine.

Sometimes im reversing in R out of my yard and then it appears only when Im out on the road whit D driving forward after a couple I’m meters.

*edit* flywheel replaced a year ago or so I guess it’s not the issue

I have the same issue on mine vw T6 2016.

It happens almost everyday when I leaving my house in the morning when the car been standing for the night.

Feels like my sound coming from the left front. Almost as something is stuck and releasing, after it’s totally fine.

Sometimes im reversing in R out of my yard and then it appears only when Im out on the road whit D driving forward after a couple I’m meters.

*edit* flywheel replaced a year ago or so I guess it’s not the issue
Did yours do it during the summer.? Mine went away during the warmer weather and has started doing it again over the last few weeks on colder mornings.

Back