Help with new T6 Highline Kombi

Ronnie Remo

Hi everyone,
I just took delivery of a new T6 Highline Kombi, so far I have found out that they have fitted the wrong drivers seat so I do not have any armrests :( it also seems that the auto wipers do not work and on closer look I don't seem to have an auto dimming rear view mirror which is standard on a Highline.
Can anyone show me a photo of their T6 auto dimming rear view mirror so I can tell if mine is not auto dimming, there isn't a sensor on it to detect any rear lights approaching as far as I can see.
I am starting to get a bit panicky now as I am finding more and more items missing :(
Should I have the storage net on the passenger side lower dash? Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Ronnie

Hi @Ronnie Remo

I do no of another member who has had missing armrests (@Blindman ) The wipers should be set on the stalk to auto + there is a sensitivity switch on the top of the stalk for them too? I have no net on my dash at all. Also there is no light on the rear view mirror that i no of ?
As for your other issues just make a list and take it back to the dealers they will sort it for you i am sure.

If the seat Fabric is the same then the dealer can fit the (missing) armrests pretty easily.

As for the wipers, as StudleyGlass confirms, the auto function is not labelled on the stack but all you do is push it up once & they will auto operate. There's a sensitivity switch on top of the stalk.
One thing to point out is at their least sensitive setting they do take a fair bit of rain to get them going.

There is no net on the T6, it's a T5 thing.

The auto dimming mirror has sensors inside the glass.

If it's an auto dimming mirror, it will have a feint line all the way around the edge of the glass, about 5mm in. You will notice a slight colour difference between the dimming part and the edge.

If it's an auto dimming mirror, it will have a feint line all the way around the edge of the glass, about 5mm in. You will notice a slight colour difference between the dimming part and the edge.
Thank you I will have a look :)

Thanks everyone, I figured out the wipers now, I had thought the sensitivity switch on top of the stork was to change the intermittent wiper speed as on one of my previous cars. I'm glad i joined this forum, you are a helpful bunch :) Just waiting on a reply as to what they will do about my missing arm rests, they have said to me that quite a few vans went out this way by mistake.

Yep the man is correct , mine has that :thumbsup:

Mine only works when the interior light comes on as the rear is tinted darker, and that's when I paid attention to it.

Still waiting for my arm rests! Apparently there has been a shortage! (Not shit) they need to look at my seats to see what type they are? I said read the build card, anyway they will call when they are available. Not happy about the fact they will be stripping the seats down and fitting them onto a new frames to accept the arm rests? Damage city.

Still waiting for my arm rests! Apparently there has been a shortage! (Not shit) they need to look at my seats to see what type they are? I said read the build card, anyway they will call when they are available. Not happy about the fact they will be stripping the seats down and fitting them onto a new frames to accept the arm rests? Damage city.

I wouldnt entertain that buddy. Id want new seats or a full refund plus expenses. It's just crazy that companies think nothing of it and offer a 'make-shift'option.. no doubt they are blaming someone else?.

They don't need to fit new frames - all they do is slide the cover up, fit 2 brackets & then attach the armrests. Takes about 15 minutes a seat.

Many 1000's of T5 seats have had armrests retrofitted with no damage.

I did my old T5 & it was a piece of cake.

So - stop worrying! :):)

They don't need to fit new frames - all they do is slide the cover up, fit 2 brackets & then attach the armrests. Takes about 15 minutes a seat.

Many 1000's of T5 seats have had armrests retrofitted with no damage.

I did my old T5 & it was a piece of cake.

So - stop worrying! :):)
Yes when mine get fixed I need them to look factory finish and no less, Leigh mentions the retro fit brackets but these retrofit installations use genuine VW armrests but After market brackets. If they do that I want some kind of sweetener for the hassle, maybe a free service as my seat will not be as intended from factory.

Who will notice that it is a retrofit bracket and not a factory frame? I am somewhat OCD but as long as it looks good and does the job then I am happy. Chances are that VW will moose up your trim or something if they rip,out the seat to replace it.

Back