T6 Kombi Highline Rear Speaker

Dil S-J

VIP Member
Hi All,
New to the group so apologies if this has already been discussed. I have just purchased a 2023 T6 Highline Kombi. I'll shortly be attempting to put soundproofing and insulation in the rear as i found it gets incredibly hot in the van!!! Whilst all the panels in the rear are off, thought it would be a good time to fit some rear speakers in. I'm struggling to find anyone in North Wales who could potentially connect the speakers up for me. I'm open to any advice and recommendations for speakers and where to fit them. Thanks

Dil

I’m in the middle of doing this. I’ve wired the speakers to the head unit. Mines a 2023 highline with standard head unit so they wire in to the brown plug in the quadlock plug at the back of the head unit. If you have the Discover Nav I think they wire in to the control unit which will be behind the centre console.
It’s quite a job to get the head unit out, glovebox out and A pillar trim off to route the wires but if you feel like tackling it yourself there’s plenty of information on here or PM me and I can run through what to remove.
Once wired up you will then need to get the rear speakers coded in to get the fader and left right balance to work. The speakers will work without being coded but you will have no control over them. I have VCDS myself which only takes a couple of minutes to do the coding.
My van is in for carpet lining next week so they’re going to fit the speakers in the rear top corners when they do it, they would of wired them up but I wanted to do that myself.

I’m in the middle of doing this. I’ve wired the speakers to the head unit. Mines a 2023 highline with standard head unit so they wire in to the brown plug in the quadlock plug at the back of the head unit. If you have the Discover Nav I think they wire in to the control unit which will be behind the centre console.
It’s quite a job to get the head unit out, glovebox out and A pillar trim off to route the wires but if you feel like tackling it yourself there’s plenty of information on here or PM me and I can run through what to remove.
Once wired up you will then need to get the rear speakers coded in to get the fader and left right balance to work. The speakers will work without being coded but you will have no control over them. I have VCDS myself which only takes a couple of minutes to do the coding.
My van is in for carpet lining next week so they’re going to fit the speakers in the rear top corners when they do it, they would of wired them up but I wanted to do that myself.
Thanks very much for the advice. Are you North Wales based?

Back