Help needed measuring Caravelle and California rails.

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I need some help with measurements please.

If you have a van with either LWB or SWB Caravelle rails or a California if you could take some measurements for me I would be very grateful

For the Caravelle it it the outside rail, not the double centre rail.

If you could measure the total length of the aluminium covers and then the total length including the plastic end caps it would help me a lot.
I think the picture below shows the length of the SWB Caravelle rail aluminium cover.

Thanks.
Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 10.39.53.png

I have a Cali - PM me the measurements you need
Thank you.
If you could:
1 Total length of ALuminium rail.
2 Total length including end caps.
3 B pillar to start of rails:

Screenshot 2021-11-09 at 07.11.29.png

Much appreciated :)

I thought I had sent that as a pm. Coffee not kicked in yet. Doh!!!
No probs - I only said PM so I could find the note I’d have to reply to more easily!!! Others may be able to post measurements too.

I hope to lay down a measuring tape for the whole lot and take pics. Then you could also “explode” the pic and take dimensions, not just rely on my measuring! (Could I cock it up? Hell, yes!)

Do you still need Caravelle ones Jon?

I would have offered before, but thought someone else might as it's not all that straightforward with all the seats in.

Do you still need Caravelle ones Jon?

I would have offered before, but thought someone else might as it's not all that straightforward with all the seats in.
Ok. Leave it for now. If i need i will get in touch. Thanks forr offering.

@Skyliner33
Here‘s my Cali rail measurements:
Front plastic; 157mm
Alum trim; 1762mm
Rear plastic; 52mm

Hope that helps, I can’t guarantee that they were not cut down by the converter but unlikely.

@Skyliner33 - No harm in @DXX confirming measurements…!

Right, the two outer rails on the Cali are longer than the two inner. So, I’ve taken pics of both with a measuring tape beside them.

The longer “outer” rail pics has the tape to the right of the rail and visa versa for the inner rail

319B4177-6EC1-4D83-A976-21516D607EA3.jpeg
Outer rail near b-pillar

CB6F6284-54B0-437F-91F1-E358D40A2ACD.jpeg
Out rail at rear

0C7ADB93-8F54-4471-8739-8F3557EFACEB.jpeg
Inner rail front

5827877F-85FF-4EB2-83EA-536D5BF40E2C.jpeg
Inner rail rear

@Skyliner33 - No harm in @DXX confirming measurements…!

Right, the two outer rails on the Cali are longer than the two inner. So, I’ve taken pics of both with a measuring tape beside them.

The longer “outer” rail pics has the tape to the right of the rail and visa versa for the inner rail

View attachment 135942
Outer rail near b-pillar

View attachment 135943
Out rail at rear

View attachment 135944
Inner rail front

View attachment 135945
Inner rail rear
@JOG Just been looking at these pics again. How many rails do you have? If 2 it looks like you have D ring lashing points on one rail but not the other.

Would you mind finding the part numbers on the rails. I should be stamped on the rail under the plastic caps at the rear of the van, like this:

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 15.33.31.png

Back