Help! Insurance Questions

GoatBoater

Senior Nerd
T6 Guru
My procrastination has caught up with me.

I'm hoping to get my van back on Tuesday, all now converted. This means that I'll need to get the insurance updated pretty quickly.

I had planned to have sold my car by now, but the combination of hating buying/selling cars and a reluctance to let go of the beloved Volvo means that I haven't done that yet. As my no claims is currently used on the Volvo that's going to make the van insurance pretty pricey.

What to do?

A. Cancel Volvo insurance, use no claims on the van and take out a temporary policy on the Volvo? I could get the wife to do the same (her focus being cheaper to insure).

B. Risk sticking with a panel van policy until I can flog the Volvo?

C. Just update the van policy and take the price on the chin for now?

I'd never really even considered that no claims could only be used on one vehicle until I got the van.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks. Do you think that is likely to be the best option even if I've should be rid of the Volvo in 3 or 4 weeks?

Ours is with Safeguard, who say that they apply a discount equivalent to the number of years of no claims you have, without actually having to use your no claims from your car.

Thanks. Do you think that is likely to be the best option even if I've should be rid of the Volvo in 3 or 4 weeks?

May as well just insure the van somewhere for a month then cancel policy and transfer T6 to Volvo policy with no claims when its sold.

A months premium wont break the bank with no no claims bonus.

Thanks both. I usually pay insurance for the year up front. Penny hadn't dropped that it really isn't an issue if I go monthly.

I'll blame it on the excitement of the new arrival

Back