Help!! Having A Nightmare With Panel Clips Over Carpet...

GAW T6

Hi all,
I appreciate anyone else’s experience or ideas for this...
I carpeted my 6mm ply rear side panels first and really struggled to get the ‘long’ panel clips I bought to go in and hold. I tried thumb push, then small hammer, then big hammer and had to beat them in but they did work in the end.
I have now carpeted the metalwork of the van and just can’t get them to hold. I have the long clips that everyone seems to sell, not hidden but the two part clip.
So I have lined 6mm CNC ply with carpet wrapped around, and then lined metalwork... so it’s 6mm ply, and three layers of carpet (I have cleared the holes of carpet) I have two types of long panel clips and they either don’t go far enough in to hold or they break.

Has anyone had similar issues, or can recommend different pins?

I am sure hitting them with a hammer isn’t right! Doing my head in

cheers.

Good to know. I bought 6mm CNC cut ply panels from an online supplier of Transporter stuff so assumed they were pretty standard and better for attaching things to... Hopefully I can find a way to secure them without buying another set of thinner panels

Good to know. I bought 6mm CNC cut ply panels from an online supplier of Transporter stuff so assumed they were pretty standard and better for attaching things to... Hopefully I can find a way to secure them without buying another set of thinner panels
There is another way, you can buy plastic bits that go in the holes and then some metal caps and screws. Not as convenient but will work. I will take a pic later.

There is another way, you can buy plastic bits that go in the holes and then some metal caps and screws. Not as convenient but will work. I will take a pic later.

Thank you Skyliner33, that would be good to see - I was wondering if something like that would be available, do you know who sells them? I haven’t come across anything on the searches I have done...

Thank you Skyliner33, that would be good to see - I was wondering if something like that would be available, do you know who sells them? I haven’t come across anything on the searches I have done...
B55D6147-7006-4308-9E60-4DBBFA47D8D1.jpeg

As above I have a load of them if you need some . They are a great solution I used invisible clips with my 6 mm panels and then one or two of these in subtle locations to provide complete stability and also a useful access point for if or more likely when you need to get behind one .

Back