Alternatives to harrisons long trim clips

Owain

T6 Pro
Have just been trying to fit my carpet lined panels using what i think are "long" clips.
Failing miserably clips don't seem to be long enough.

Metalwork in van is lined with carpet. The panels are covered with carpet wrapped round edges. So clips need to go through say 5mm ply plus 3 layers of carpet and finally the metalwork.

Clips just don't seem long enough for that. I will try and attach a few picies. Am I just not using the clips on properly?

Can anyone suggest a better quality of clip? Maybe using screws? I just don't like these clips. Any ideas?

IMG_20210314_144825425.jpg

IMG_20210314_144713809.jpg

Those don’t look like Harrison’s clips to me. I did the same and used Harrison’s hidden clips and they held fine..

I originally bought hidden clips, but ply was too thick for them. Have just checked back through orders. I bought lots of stuff from harrisons, but not the clips....ouups. Sorry to harrisons.

The ones i bought were these....

I will call Harrisons tomorrow and check sizes. Anything to get me out of this pickle.

I just hope the Harrisons clips are not the same as the ebay ones i bought.

Must admit the harrisons hidden clips and the long clips "look" the same as mine. If only they had an accurate description saying what thickness they were good to secure.

I suspect they are the same as what i have. But hopefully harrisons will supply a sample. I have bought enough stuff from them.

Used Megavanmats screw clips, work fine look good. Good quality clips, easy to remove also. I also had some of their longer push clips, which were also good quality, but i chose the screw clips as i liked the look and how easy they are to remove.

I can highly recommend NOT using the fir tree hidden clip that screws into the plywood with a 180 degree turn. Truly crap.

I can highly recommend NOT using the fir tree hidden clip that screws into the plywood with a 180 degree turn. Truly crap.
I think any fir tree type is designed for a limited number of insertions. I have some excellent gallant screw ones also, but these involve hammering in a nylon insert to screw into.

I had some cheapie hidden clips off ebay, but soon came to conclusion not to use; and my ply was too thick for them anyway.

Used Megavanmats screw clips, work fine look good. Good quality clips, easy to remove also. I also had some of their longer push clips, which were also good quality, but i chose the screw clips as i liked the look and how easy they are to remove.
Hi how long are those push clips pls

Back