Hello, meet Herdy from the Lake District!

HerdyT6

Hi everyone

Nice looking forum

We picked up our first transporter just a few weeks ago. Lovely 16 plate candy white T6 startline that came from Scotland originally. It’s had some love in its life from previous owner/s with a Kombi conversion, detachable tow bar and socket, as well as sound deadening, heat insulation and carpet lining. It’s just passed the 100k miles mark and drives sweet as a nut.

My background is as a mechanic, although I don’t do it as a career anymore it’s going to be nice to put my home workshop to good use making upgrades to the van and leisurely converting it into a camper.

Fitted the Alpine door speaker and tweeter kit a week or so ago, the factory speakers were unbearable. Also put some sound deadening inside the door panels whilst the door cards were off. Massive improvement

We live on the doorstep of the Lake District, about 30 minutes from Windermere so very happy to have finally got the van we have wanted for so long! Adventure time.

We’ve named the van “Herdy” after the famous white Herdy sheep/brand that’s popular in the lakes

Cheers

134DB1F6-6633-4C73-85D2-FBF8A1136159.jpeg

Hi everyone

Nice looking forum

We picked up our first transporter just a few weeks ago. Lovely 16 plate candy white T6 startline that came from Scotland originally. It’s had some love in its life from previous owner/s with a Kombi conversion, detachable tow bar and socket, as well as sound deadening, heat insulation and carpet lining. It’s just passed the 100k miles mark and drives sweet as a nut.

My background is as a mechanic, although I don’t do it as a career anymore it’s going to be nice to put my home workshop to good use making upgrades to the van and leisurely converting it into a camper.

Fitted the Alpine door speaker and tweeter kit a week or so ago, the factory speakers were unbearable. Also put some sound deadening inside the door panels whilst the door cards were off. Massive improvement

We live on the doorstep of the Lake District, about 30 minutes from Windermere so very happy to have finally got the van we have wanted for so long! Adventure time.

We’ve named the van “Herdy” after the famous white Herdy sheep/brand that’s popular in the lakes

Cheers

View attachment 190983
Lake district - nice, How big is ya garden or drive? :slow rofl:

Looking very good Herdy
I’ve got access to a very large flat field right on the shoreline of Ullswater, perfectly suitable for a forum members weekend camp meet up , no facilities apart from fresh drinking water tap,chemical toilet waste disposal and bins and a private section of shoreline to the lake. Also a 3 minute walk to pub.

Looking very good Herdy
I’ve got access to a very large flat field right on the shoreline of Ullswater, perfectly suitable for a forum members weekend camp meet up , no facilities apart from fresh drinking water tap,chemical toilet waste disposal and bins and a private section of shoreline to the lake. Also a 3 minute walk to pub.
Ooh @Dellmassive @czmate1999

And ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
. . . . . its Long Far, thats all.

sorry @HerdyT6 , welcome to the forum.

the van looks great, i do like the Stormtrooper look.

but white as you will know is hard work to keep clean.

+++++++++

and @Green Giant thank you the offer to the forum,

im sure @Mick "Forum campsite inspection officer" will be past at some point to check out your offering.

and @czmate1999 may add your venue to the Spring/Autumn camp options.

+++++++++++++

++++++++++++++

Maybe a t6 meet up/camp for the more northern members of the forum..
I’m coming along to Busfest weekend this year so could discuss then, being realistic, it’s probably something to put in the diary for next year, as most folks have this seasons weekends away already planned out.
Field/s location is in Patterdale

north west meet?

. . . . . its Long Far, thats all.

sorry @HerdyT6 , welcome to the forum.

the van looks great, i do like the Stormtrooper look.

but white as you will know is hard work to keep clean.

+++++++++

and @Green Giant thank you the offer to the forum,

im sure @Mick "Forum campsite inspection officer" will be past at some point to check out your offering.

and @czmate1999 may add your venue to the Spring/Autumn camp options.

+++++++++++++

++++++++++++++

"Forum campsite inspection officer" will be past at some point to check out your offering. :cool:

Sounds awesome, lovely neck of the woods!

Funnily enough we weren’t too far away today, we’ve spent the day around Keswick/Borrowdale. Lovely car park that backs right onto the lake shore of Derwentwater where we cooked up lunch, Kettlewell I think it was called. Would be great for camping but seems to be banned now.

All great until heading back towards Keswick when another van, big one, came absolutely barrelling down a narrow section of road towards us, smashed right into my mirror and very kindly drove off without stopping. Surprising as it was definitely a camper. Fortunately the mirror had folded in and only the cover came flying off, all clips broken. Could have been worse but frustrating all the same.

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Sounds awesome, lovely neck of the woods!

Funnily enough we weren’t too far away today, we’ve spent the day around Keswick/Borrowdale. Lovely car park that backs right onto the lake shore of Derwentwater where we cooked up lunch, Kettlewell I think it was called. Would be great for camping but seems to be banned now.

All great until heading back towards Keswick when another van, big one, came absolutely barrelling down a narrow section of road towards us, smashed right into my mirror and very kindly drove off without stopping. Surprising as it was definitely a camper. Fortunately the mirror had folded in and only the cover came flying off, all clips broken. Could have been worse but frustrating all the same.
Yes kettlewell, make the most of it in the off season! unfortunately wing mirrors get wiped out by motor homes regularly, just too wide for the narrow lanes around the fells, my drivers mirror has had exactly the same experience, currently held together with gaffa tape till I buy a new casing.

Hi everyone

Nice looking forum

Cheers

View attachment 190983
Hi and welcome to the forum from another white T6 Startline owner! We were in Ullswater recently - plenty of sites in the Lakes. Enjoy!

Looking very good Herdy
Hi Green Giant we were looking for camp sites up the lakes can we have the address please

Hi Green Giant we were looking for camp sites up the lakes can we have the address please
Hi, sorry we don’t run a campsite as such, we have lots of grazing fields on a private estate, although we run a basic CL site in Patterdale, but this doesn’t have full facilities, just electric hook up, WiFi, water and waste disposal,
There’s plenty of sites in the Lakes, just depends where you would like to be based during your stay, many get booked up in high season though
(We are able to use the grazing fields to hold weekend events, but not open as a full time campsite)

Last edited:
Back