New 6.1 owner!

SomersetTM

Hi Everyone

New T6.1 Caravelle Executive owner here! Picked it up last week, 21,000 miles 70 plate in blue. We were outgrowing our BMW 320 Touring as a family (the dog alone took up the whole boot!) and happened to see this one on a nearby forecourt.

Loving the space so far! DSG gearbox is far smoother than the last DSG I drove 15 years ago, and while the 150 isn't exactly sporting, it's perfectly adequate for days out and carting the family and all the stuff around.

It's a bit rattlier over poor road surfaces than I was expecting, it's pretty much silent on good roads but potholes and rough surfaces cause some metallic rattles from the back - I'm assuming that this is normal as it's based on a van and I'm coming from car refinement!

Anyhow, nice to meet you all!

Tom

IMG_6541.jpeg

IMG_6591.jpeg

Hi Everyone

New T6.1 Caravelle Executive owner here! Picked it up last week, 21,000 miles 70 plate in blue. We were outgrowing our BMW 320 Touring as a family (the dog alone took up the whole boot!) and happened to see this one on a nearby forecourt.

Loving the space so far! DSG gearbox is far smoother than the last DSG I drove 15 years ago, and while the 150 isn't exactly sporting, it's perfectly adequate for days out and carting the family and all the stuff around.

It's a bit rattlier over poor road surfaces than I was expecting, it's pretty much silent on good roads but potholes and rough surfaces cause some metallic rattles from the back - I'm assuming that this is normal as it's based on a van and I'm coming from car refinement!

Anyhow, nice to meet you all!

Tom

View attachment 229418

View attachment 229419
Good to have you here Tom, yes it's a van, but a very beautiful one! Great colour and a great way of reducing any available slush funds you have!
Be lovely to see you at some of the forum gatherings!

Change the suspension for coilovers. Sound deaden it and it’ll become more car like.
Welcome to the Forum!!

Welcome. The Caravelle suspension is very dated ( and rattly as you say), this is an easy fix with some proper suspension.

The Caravelles are an awesome vehicle / Enjoy

Back