Hello from Swerve Seats

Hello All,

As a new member (but used the site as a valuable resource for years on our own vans!) Please take a look at our Swerve Seats Double Swivel base. We tried to mitigate many of the drawbacks with the standard box + Swivel plate double seat mechanism. So our double seat base has no discernable height increase & the swivel is built directly under the base, therefore the bottom of the base is open to the back of the van and remains static; ideal for storage/speakers/batteries etc. On top of this it features a quick release latch with safety catch to make the swivel as quick and painless as possible. Our design also offers many possibilities with fitted storage, for instance boxes on the sides and front. We have plans a foot for other options too which will fit to the Swerve base.

@sweveseats & swerveseats.com

_MG_9018.JPG

IMG_9117.JPG

IMG_9010.JPG

As a new startup we're working extremely hard to act on any feedback; Any feedback appreciated!

Thanks
Tim

Looks easier to swivel as it's just the seat instead of the whole base but access underneath looks limited due to the hasp and the loss of access from the top.
Good luck with the venture.

Looks easier to swivel as it's just the seat instead of the whole base but access underneath looks limited due to the hasp and the loss of access from the top.
Good luck with the venture.
Access to the usual things you'd put in the standard base is much easier from the back, the access is comparable to the standard base (the area that you have from the top to the back, I will try and get some numbers for this though); but is accessible from the rear. If you were placing electrics etc under there then that wouldn't be an issue. Gives food for thought on future iterations though! Thanks

For me it looks too homemade and doesn’t represent the quality the well known brands already offer. Personally I prefer an enclosed unit, OEM style. Good luck, not for me but I’m sure it is for others.

Personally as Mike Dean said it looks far too home made and the catch looks very industrial or like something off an HGV trailer door...... not what i would want to see when opening he side door. I do like the idea of only the seat turning.

At more than double the price of the next competitor i think it will struggle but fair play to you for producing it and putting the time/effort in......wish you well and good luck.

@swerveseats I've seen your posts in a few other threads and haven't seen a reply to the question about being crash tested or having any form safety certificate. Is this something your product has?

Like others say, not sure many would pull the trigger at that price for a swivel.
If I was thinking about it, I would pay a little bit more and get a factory single swivel.

I think it has potential and it’s reassuring that the manufacturers have come to our forum for feedback - price will always be an issue for many but the concept is solid

For me it looks too homemade and doesn’t represent the quality the well known brands already offer. Personally I prefer an enclosed unit, OEM style. Good luck, not for me but I’m sure it is for others.
Hi Mike, thanks for feedback. This isn't a sheet steel box, otherwise you wouldn't be able to get access to it from the back. And hence it wouldn't perform it's primary function which is to move the swivel to the top and have access from the rear. The base itself is laser cut steel and Tig welded the same as every other base on the market. Thanks

There’s nothing wrong with innovation & entrepreneurship, I’m sure the likes of Dyson, Sugar, Sinclair didn’t have an easy start.
Ultimately the market will decide if a product succeeds or fails, regardless of its cost.
@swerveseats Kudos for trying.

Personally as Mike Dean said it looks far too home made and the catch looks very industrial or like something off an HGV trailer door...... not what i would want to see when opening he side door. I do like the idea of only the seat turning.

At more than double the price of the next competitor i think it will struggle but fair play to you for producing it and putting the time/effort in......wish you well and good luck.

The quick release extremely heavy duty, but this enables a single release mechanism, instead of messing with 2 hand wheels; which is a constant bug bear when compared to a single swivel sweat which usual has just one handle. It serves a purpose, and as a by product looks more functional and hard wearing than plastic hand wheels.

We are more expensive than a swivel plate; because clearly a complete new base has to be constructed. But can you put your batteries or diesel heater in the standard seat base with a swivel plate?

@Greybeard That's it. Doesn't look like the clasp is included in the safety testing. I wonder if that could be an issue?
To be completely transparent. The latch is load tested to significantly higher loads than will be placed on it.

The base itself has had analysis, simulations and calculations completed by myself and verified by others (Chartered Mechanical Engineers) and passes with flying colours. These have been conducted to the loads as prescribed by the "M1 test". We will be completing physical load testing in due course.
There’s nothing wrong with innovation & entrepreneurship, I’m sure the likes of Dyson, Sugar, Sinclair didn’t have an easy start.
Ultimately the market will decide if a product succeeds or fails, regardless of its cost.
@swerveseats Kudos for trying.
Thank you very much. Daunting to say the least!
This whole adventure started when I came to get a swivel for mine and realised the significant drawbacks of the swivel plate options.

Back