Hello everyone

Scroll up to my earlier post, and you will seethe link.. Damn it all.. Click on below and put you feet up with a brew.. Read it all, and note Thogg is a traffic officer..

https://www.t6forum.com/threads/kombi-speed-limit.557/
Oh yeah, this is an essential read. Haven't bothered taking mine to a weighbridge since I now have a kombi bed in the back which it will run with all of the time. Plus I am actually quite happy pootling along at 60mph on the motorway. Equally as I am generally towing boat trailers so that is the max limit anyway, plus I reckon it makes a difference in the fuel economy.

What a memory, 1710kg front, and 1720kg rear.

Got that imprinted on my brain to Dave :D. Does annoy me when company's are just putting any wheel and ties on the trucks with out the correct rating! must be a law against it ?

Yes there probably is, as they are making a vehicle unfit for use on a public highway, and invalidating the poor sods insurance to boot.. His contract is to fit goods fit for purpose...

Got that imprinted on my brain to Dave :D. Does annoy me when company's are just putting any wheel and ties on the trucks with out the correct rating! must be a law against it ?
What pee's me off is that some companies have the word "load rated" next to the wheel on their site, but then another company doesn't. Then when you contact them the rating is under what is required for a T32, even though you state on their website exactly what spec of van you have.:devil:

I am used to 50-55 in a transit jumbo, just enjoying the ride in the '6, and no rush to get anywhere... The fun is in the journey so to speak. :whistle::thumbsup::D

Yes there probably is, as they are making a vehicle unfit for use on a public highway, and invalidating the poor sods insurance to boot.. His contract is to fit goods fit for purpose...
I think I will call them on Tuesday as they did take my reg number before I ordered them so they should of known the exact viechle specifications

Thanks for the info I didn't know that. Think you'd have to pretty unlucky tho getting a ticket.
Nope!! There are guys on here who have reported just that! I for one won't be taking the risk. I lose my licence, I lose my career.

@Mike88 , get them to sort it properly, or get you money back mate.. Looks don't add up to much when your looking at invalid insurance, as traffic officers can check the info by the roadside on a stop check, and that's it.. Each tyre is an offence in its own right, as is each wheel with the incorrect load rating... Instant ban on tot up!

@Mike88 , depends on how much you value the freedoms your licence gives you...
My licence is everything need it for work iv just got rid of my nearly new golf r and merc sprinter to get my t6 to use for everyday and work gota say I'm well impressed with it so far it's great. I just wish I'd of joined the forum earlier and got the information of you guys. Cos I'm new too all this

@Mike88 , get them to sort it properly, or get you money back mate.. Looks don't add up to much when your looking at invalid insurance, as traffic officers can check the info by the roadside on a stop check, and that's it.. Each tyre is an offence in its own right, as is each wheel with the incorrect load rating... Instant ban on tot up!
Just spent £920 on them hope they sort something out

My licence is everything need it for work iv just got rid of my nearly new golf r and merc sprinter to get my t6 to use for everyday and work gota say I'm well impressed with it so far it's great. I just wish I'd of joined the forum earlier and got the information of you guys. Cos I'm new too all this
That's why we're here to help, cos we've already read all the other stuff on here. Plus we may have already made certain mistakes ourselves so can prevent you making the same ones.:thumbsup:

They have to... Trading standards.. Not fit for the vehicle you stated with the reg number, as makes it unfit for use on the public highway!

If needs, threaten the with small claims court? But check the limits first.... Judge won't like them, but will like you for staying legal!

@Mike88 sorry not to have been up with the flow of this but I have been offline until now and able to catch up on this thread. @DaveyB and @T6 Dave have both done a fine job and given you all of the advice necessary to educate you on the load rating and speed limit peculiarities of the T32 and it is great to see that you have taken it all on board and are going to see the suppliers of your wheels and tyres armed with the knowledge to demand that they either supply the correct items or give you a refund. I would put the originals back on so that you are not breaking the law when you take the items back. In addition to Trading Standards, you can also report these people to the Police if you have any difficulties. If you do involve the Police, go to the Station and ask to see the Duty Inspector and request he gets an officer from Traffic Division or the Roads Policing Unit to take on your complaint.

Last edited:
Back