Hello everyone

I bought from wheelbase Pacificly for a transporter t6
@Mike88, sadly they may not be weight rated for a T32 as the T6 comes in load ratings of 2600, 2800, 3000 and 3200 kgs - T26, T28, T30, and T32 respectively. Without checking spec sheets I believe the first two are SWB only. Edited: only the T26 is SWB only.
So when specifying wheels it is not enough to say T6, you must specify the correct model.

Last edited:
@Mike88 , unfortunately, they NEED to be load rated for the van.. Same as bridge weights, if a bridge has a restriction of 3000kg, and you go over empty thinking your ok, you will be nicked as your van is 3200kg CAPABLE... This is what it all goes on!

Also make yourself aware of the vehicle speed restrictions.. They are different for the T32, and different again if it's a kombi, and different again if it's a Kombi running without seats! Otherwise you will land up with points on your licence! (Forgive me if I'm teaching you to suck eggs..). :thumbsup:

https://www.t6forum.com/threads/kombi-speed-limit.557/

BTW, welcome to the mad house, let the fun begin :thumbsup:

@Mike88 , unfortunately, they NEED to be load rated for the van.. Same as bridge weights, if a bridge has a restriction of 3000kg, and you go over empty thinking your ok, you will be nicked as your van is 3200kg CAPABLE... This is what it all goes on!

Also make yourself aware of the vehicle speed restrictions.. They are different for the T32, and different again if it's a kombi, and different again if it's a Kombi running without seats! Otherwise you will land up with points on your licence! (Forgive me if I'm teaching you to suck eggs..). :thumbsup:

https://www.t6forum.com/threads/kombi-speed-limit.557/

BTW, welcome to the mad house, let the fun begin :thumbsup:
It says the tyres are all year reinforced extra loadload tyres

@Mike88 ,Wheels NEED to be load rated to the t32 spec.. Tyres are as well.. T32 springs need to be load rated to the 3200kg weight limit.. As well as shocks.. If one of these is out of spec to the T32 you will have nullified your insurance! Unless you down plate the vehicle legally and formally!

It is no good saying you brought them specifically for the transporter, the onus is on you to check what has been supplied is suitable for the vehicle you are fitting it to.. You NEED wheels for a VW T6 transporter T32 as these are load rated correctly, read back, and the load rating is given in KG in this thread for you, and this is stamped/cast on the rim. Keep all receipts as well as emails if they say they are load rated correctly.. Further more it is no good arguing that the vehicle is run under the 3200kg capability.. It does not matter in law, and is not a valid argument (unless formally downplated with a reissued V5).

Last edited:
@Mike88, yep you will need to buy springs that are designated for the T32. You'll generally find that the T28 and T30 will use the same springs. However those for a T32 will specifically say so.
In terms of your tyres do they say 103 or higher after the width/sidewall/diameter? A figure of 100 = 800kg. Every digit increase = a further 25kg, so a 103 is 875kg, 106 would be 950kg. As T6Dave has said, unfortunately, having a T32 is a bit of a pain on this front. Wheels need to be stamped a minimum of 860kg to meet the overall axle rating, tyres need to be 103 minimum, struts and springs need to be specified for the T32.
For example I have just fitted Bilstein B14's, and there are two different kits available for the T6, one for the T32, and one for the others.
Hope this helps. Any other questions PM me and I'll assist if I can.

@Mike88, yep you will need to buy springs that are designated for the T32. You'll generally find that the T28 and T30 will use the same springs. However those for a T32 will specifically say so.
In terms of your tyres do they say 103 or higher after the width/sidewall/diameter? A figure of 100 = 800kg. Every digit increase = a further 25kg, so a 103 is 875kg, 106 would be 950kg. As T6Dave has said, unfortunately, having a T32 is a bit of a pain on this front. Wheels need to be stamped a minimum of 860kg to meet the overall axle rating, tyres need to be 103 minimum, struts and springs need to be specified for the T32.
For example I have just fitted Bilstein B14's, and there are two different kits available for the T6, one for the T32, and one for the others.
Hope this helps. Any other questions PM me and I'll assist if I can.
Thanks for the info I will go check my tyres now

@Mike88 , here's a set of OE fitted tyres on OE fit alloys on a T32, zoom in and you will see the tyre info on the side wall to compare with yours..

image.jpeg

They say 102 on them
Then you have an issue! That is only 850kg.
Pop your bonnet, there is a black sticker on the bulkhead in front of the driver seat. My van is away with the wife so I can't double check for you, but I think it says your front axle weight is 1710kg and the rear is 1720kg. 1710kg on the front = 855kg on either wheel. 1720kg on the rear =860kg on each of the rear wheels. This is why your wheels need to be 860kg each so that it does not matter which axle they go on. Your 102 tyres are 5kg under weight for each of the fronts and 10kg under weight for each of the rears. In short I'd be going back to where you bought them. These may be very small differences but that won't matter to the vehicle inspector or your insurance company.
Take a look at this link. Even if your tyre is marked xl, it only means it has a higher weight rating than normal - but the 102 designation tells you this anyway.
Tyre load index ratings explained and Tyre load index chart

Then you have an issue! That is only 850kg.
Pop your bonnet, there is a black sticker on the bulkhead in front of the driver seat. My van is away with the wife so I can't double check for you, but I think it says your front axle weight is 1710kg and the rear is 1720kg. 1710kg on the front = 855kg on either wheel. 1720kg on the rear =860kg on each of the rear wheels. This is why your wheels need to be 860kg each so that it does not matter which axle they go on. Your 102 tyres are 5kg under weight for each of the fronts and 10kg under weight for each of the rears. In short I'd be going back to where you bought them. These may be very small differences but that won't matter to the vehicle inspector or your insurance company.
Take a look at this link. Even if your tyre is marked xl, it only means it has a higher weight rating than normal - but the 102 designation tells you this anyway.
Tyre load index ratings explained and Tyre load index chart
Just gona pop the bonnet and hav a look now

Back