Hello all, new member with two vans

No i will just drop the bus into my mechanic man will drop them on for me as he ours me plenty of flavors and hes the only guy i trust to do things correct and properly.
Makes a change to get something back :). I will let them settle then get the set up and aliment checked when i have the rims on.
Plenty of flavors? Sounds tasty

No i will just drop the bus into my mechanic man will drop them on for me as he ours me plenty of flavors and hes the only guy i trust to do things correct and properly.
Makes a change to get something back :). I will let them settle then get the set up and aliment checked when i have the rims on.
What rims are you going for @StudleyGlass

Well air is never going to happen for me as i can justify £4k + on suspension so B14s is the next best think for me, are set them on low low mode :)

Last edited:
I only went 50mm eibachs because got told couldn't fit b14s on 4motion I've had 2 firms that have said yes we can fit them to my van , I don't want to go any lower than what I am now as only just get on and off the drive with sharp incline.
I will wait and see how she sits with new seat sitting over rear axle before I decide and test drive daveyb,s 180

I only went 50mm eibachs because got told couldn't fit b14s on 4motion I've had 2 firms that have said yes we can fit them to my van , I don't want to go any lower than what I am now as only just get on and off the drive with sharp incline.
I will wait and see how she sits with new seat sitting over rear axle before I decide and test drive daveyb,s 180
:thumbsup:

Have any of you guys got B14's on t32 204 dsg
Running 20" wheels
Everybody is saying you will get bad rubbing due to being t32 and dsg ???
I'm so close to just having the sportline springs fitted to save all of these issues then running 20" with 275/40 tyres !!!!!
I should of brought a v-class you can't modify them and would of saved me a fortune ....!!

Hello All,

Happy owner of two t6@s, one lwb t30 panel van 150 dsg highline and one swb t30 kombi 204 dsg highline.

short summary:- 150 dsg white no options, upgraded the headlight bulbs to 150% extra bright bulbs (okay) and fitted aftermarket heated seats (superb). Covered 5000 miles mpg averaging 40.1 tank to tank calculation, also has had an engine management light relating to the NOX sensor on for most of this time. The light in no way effects performance or mpg and the VW technician that came reset it and asked me to let them know if it came back on, well it does but will go off on its own after about 100 engine restarts then comes back after about 250 miles (don't have the time or energy to keep chasing them will use it till it stops of its own accord).

204 dsg grey:- led lights (wow!!!!!), app connect carplay (very good), electric sliding doors left and right (very nice), reversing camera, door seals, heated seats ( okay, but not as good as the ebay ones in the other van), other bits but cant remeber now. covered 2000 miles mpg averaging 38 tank to tank calculation, no faults as of yet. was delivered with a glazed rear tailgate but should of been solid ARGHHHH!!!, also had two small blemishes on the bumper and drivers door will need a good detailler to sort both. was compensated for the tailgate and paint blemishes with a cash refund to sort the issues at my leisure couldn't be arsed to send the van back to the dealer they would only bodge it and i would end up sorting myself anyway!!!!!

sorry for rambling on, both vans purchased from nationwide vans who were superb throughout and couldn't be more helpful (thanks luke if your on here).

I will give a review of the lights on both vans as both vehicles are operated at night and we really get to see them in action side by side. We have the carista app as well great little tool.

Cheers Glenn.

View attachment 6454 View attachment 6455

Interested in knowing how big a difference the two engines are mate?

Interested in knowing how big a difference the two engines are mate?

I'm told that the dsg van sits lower on the front end more than a manual due to the auto box being heavier which will make a lowered van sit even lower

@PukkaT6,

Both engines are very good, the 150 is the perfect comprise of power and economy, it pulls well when the van is loaded and never feels like it needs more power or torque.

The 204 just takes it up a notch and if anything is probably to powerful, in anything but bone dry weather it just wants to light up the front wheels (even worse in sport mode).

For vans both are quiet and refined, the noise levels from both are much the same.

Interestingly when I drive the 204 I am quite relaxed in my style but the 150 just feels like it is always in the sweet spot with revs and gear selection so I tend to push on a bit more. In a strange way it makes the 150 feel faster in day to day driving.

If I had to choose again I would get two 204, only because of the reliability issues we have had. If the 150 had not had issues then I would have been very happy to have two of them.

Cheers Glenn.

Thanks for your feedback, its nice to hear from someone who drives both frequently.

Heres to hoping I get a trouble free t6 lol

Thanks for your feedback, its nice to hear from someone who drives both frequently.

Heres to hoping I get a trouble free t6 lol

Just don't drive it like you stole it and it should be trouble free !!
It would be nice if they was to fit the V6 3l Amarok engine in them.

I'm sure yours will be fine, don't panic about the reliability just enjoy a great van mate. :cool:.

On a side note check with your chosen insurers that they are happy with all your planned mods, mine has put a full stop to any mods as we have a fleet policy!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I'm sure yours will be fine, don't panic about the reliability just enjoy a great van mate. :cool:.

On a side note check with your chosen insurers that they are happy with all your planned mods, mine has put a full stop to any mods as we have a fleet policy!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Another plus side to the sportline it's all standard stuff that insurance are not bothered about

Back