Heavy Duty Vacuum

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I'm in the market for what the Americans call a " 'shop vac", any recommendations? Needs to be wet or dry and cope with abuse. It won't be needed to delicately hoover curtains or pick up pet hair, in fact it won't leave the garage.

I'm in the market for what the Americans call a " 'shop vac", any recommendations? Needs to be wet or dry and cope with abuse. It won't be needed to delicately hoover curtains or pick up pet hair, in fact it won't leave the garage.
I’ve a Hilti vac, had it 20 years it’s done 2 house renovations & a very large extension, plus cleaned out sewage residue & had more abuse than any machine should face, still going strong.

I’ve a Hilti vac, had it 20 years it’s done 2 house renovations & a very large extension, plus cleaned out sewage residue & had more abuse than any machine should face, still going strong.
That sounds like a good recommendation, I'll have a look.

I saw a karcher vac on the karcherdirect web store the other day I liked the look of.

+1 for the Numatic vacuums. Worth the extra money over the cheaper ones without going silly. :thumbsup:

See we've always used Henrys at work and without fail the motors blow as soon as they're out of warranty and they lead a pampered life compared to what I'd put them through.

Holy shtt :eek:
Maybe something a little more downmarket :oops:
Lol.
We have one of these in work (construction company) and still going strong after many years of very heavy abuse.
Henry’s last about 12 months so pound for pound the Hilti is excellent value for money and nothing compares to its performance.
That Karcher is very cheap though. I’d snap that up if I wasn’t away.

If you can get your hands on an old Dyson DC04 they are a very good compact vacuum cleaner, obviously only dry use.
I’ve used mine for the house work, workshop, wood burner and 3 full house renovations over the last 23 years. Almost bullet proof unlike the crap Dyson churns out now.
I’m on the 3rd motor but they are only £15.00 delivered on Ebay

Back