Heater issue - resistor?

bramble

Heater does not work only get heat when on blower number 4 ...is this just the resister unit faulty .
I have seen on u tube i guy changing one seems pretty straight forward . My question is is the faulty resister also responsible for not getting any heat before the fan is turn on . cheers .

Have a search on the Forum, there are at least a couple of threads regarding the resistor pack failure. It’s a quick warranty repair if you are within warranty.
You won’t get any heat without the fan running as there won’t be any air flow over the heater matrix, that’s normal.
After renewing avoid using setting 1 as this creates the greatest load for the resistor pack.

The resustor pack just enables the lower speeds 1,2,3.

Have a search on the Forum, there are at least a couple of threads regarding the resistor pack failure. It’s a quick warranty repair if you are within warranty.
You won’t get any heat without the fan running as there won’t be any air flow over the heater matrix, that’s normal.
After renewing avoid using setting 1 as this creates the greatest load for the resistor pack.
Gave it a run today on the A38 and got speed up , it got warm with dial on full red but soon goes cooler when running slower ....this is without the fan on . I'am sure it used to be warmer on lower speeds .

Fix the resistor/blower issue, then see if the lack of heat problem goes away.

Pete

Back