Heated seat install help (aftermarket)

Can I just finish this thread off.
1- If I fund a 20 amp fuse that is live with the ignition off that will be ok for the red wire (which has a 10 amp inline fuse)
2- a fuse which becomes live when I put the ignition on will be ok for the red and yellow (which has a 5 amp inline fuse)
3- black to ground

Can I just finish this thread off.
1- If I fund a 20 amp fuse that is live with the ignition off that will be ok for the red wire (which has a 10 amp inline fuse)
2- a fuse which becomes live when I put the ignition on will be ok for the red and yellow (which has a 5 amp inline fuse)
3- black to ground
Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

Looking at the kit I think the main red and black are supposed to go to the battery ( or suitable power feed and ground).

And yellow to an ignition feed.

Due to the heated seats being rather power hungry.

But as you say above you can connect to existing circuits provided you don't overload them..... ( Ie adding an extra 10A load to a 20A fused circuit may draw upto 30A and blow the original 20A fuse, or melt it).

So be careful and make sure the feed you choose is suitable.

Thank you .
I think the battery is under the passenger footwell as it isn’t under the bonnet as I thought so connecting them direct to the battery shouldn’t be a problem.
I’m guessing the ignition feed will have to come from the fuse box .
Cheers

Well...neither of those pics looks like my van so can't help much, certainly looks like you've got a good chance of finding what you need in that lot though. Just for reference my heated seats are fused 15 amp for the permanent live and 7.5 amp for the ignition live.
It's Crafter / TGE.

I no it isn’t exactly a specific crafter issue it’s just a wiring question that would probably help people with a T6 as well .

I will put this on the crafter forum but thought I would finish this thread off.
All sorted I found that all the Sapir fuse holders had a live side so switched and permanent.
My kit had inline fuses so I could just plug into the live connection so that made it straight forward.
There isn’t any plastic on the passenger side for the seat and also you can’t get your hand down there with the door shut so I put it next to the seat All working well nice and hot .
Cheers

3D41718B-3445-4616-AC84-84348C889FE0.jpeg

80FEAD8B-7271-4C7D-A16E-F6B995A28C60.jpeg

F98B1220-9A6E-40F1-95BB-7279232C4BFB.jpeg

F38B770D-E271-4E4E-AADB-85639664477B.jpeg

Last edited:
Got a link to the original heated seat kit?

Yep . . .

But for anyone that's interested in adding an aftermarket heated seat kit.

A link would help.... (Plus interested in seeing the kit myself, I'd like to see what the heat pads look like)

I got it about 3 years ago and just came across it on Sunday but unfortunately it was just in a brown box and I haven’t got the instructions make or model hence all the questions about fitting it.
Sorry

Back