Heated seat install help (aftermarket)

Dave F

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Can anyone tell me where the yellow and red wire goes Also as the red wire has an inline fuse do I have to connect it to a fuse in the fuse box or just direct to a live .
Cheers

1A3BF430-ED58-43EB-9E8B-03665831AAE4.jpeg

What's that wire connected too?

Got a few more.pics?

Are you retro fitting heated seats to standard van?

Looking at that loom....

It has a red main power wire, (via fuse)

And a yellow ON via fuse.

And a black ground.

So I'm assuming you have a relay or control box down stream.....?

Then that feeds a heated seat Matt?

Yes it is retrofit heated seats.
1,The red wire has a inline fuse
2,A black wire which I assume is grounded
3,A red and yellow wire which is labelled ON WIRE
Then they go back to and split to the seat connections and the below pic
My fuse box is under the passenger seat snd the battery is under the bonnet I assume it will be easier to connect to the fuse box.
The only problem is then the switches to operate them won’t reach the dash area but don’t won’t to make this to complicate if I can help it

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

My guess would be red to permanent supply and yellow to ignition supply to stop them working when parked up and flattening the battery

So can I get these from the dash area or back at the fuse box . Cheers

Yep. As Paul says then.

Red to a perm live.(20/30A supply?)

Yellow to ignition feed.

Black to ground.

No leisure battery as it’s my work van at the moment.
Fuse box under the seat
And the other part is under the bonnet
I don’t know where the battery is .
Cheers

What fuses do you have under the seat? As standard there isn't usually a permanent 12v or ignition feed under the seat, have a search on here for info on how to sort that if not, as for the controllers I'd rather have them mount on the seat trim out if sight.

The fuse box is under the seat so all the fuses. I can just fit them to the side of the seat and would be happy with that

Well...neither of those pics looks like my van so can't help much, certainly looks like you've got a good chance of finding what you need in that lot though. Just for reference my heated seats are fused 15 amp for the permanent live and 7.5 amp for the ignition live.

I got my kit about 3 years ago and forgot tall about it until I found it today cleaning out the garage but unfortunately no installations .

Seems a straight forward install once you've found the 12v feeds you need under the seat.

I was looking at them I was wondering if any of the ones without fuses in are live .

Probably not, have a look into them and see if there are metal contacts though, also be worth checking with a multimeter to determine which ones are always live or not.

Not seen an under seat arrangement like that either, looks the same as the dash fusebox

Back